Misfire Issue!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

00&04 Disco

Reaction score
I am new to this forum but been a long time land rover fan and owner. I have owned 4 Discoverys now and currently have a 2000 that is being rebuilt( I will pick your brains about this one in a few moments) , a 2001 parts car, and a 2004 with many mods that unfortunatly does not get driven as much as I would like to. Now to the questions. I bought this 2000 with 119K miles on it. Bad head gasket and water pump. Took the heads off and had them machined, valves ground and new seats put in them, new wires(8mm), new Bosch 4+ plugs, thermastat, and complete upper gasket kit from AB (head bolts included) , and water pump. Put it all back together and misfire in cylinder 4,6. Misses at idle and than once you rev the engine above 2k it goes away and check engine light quits flashing. Let it idle and misses and light starts flashing again. Did a compression check and cylinder 2 has 140 +/- psi and cylinders 4,6,8 have about 120psi. I know they should ony have a varience of 10% but I just did the GH and valves so what do you think it could be? Only thing I was thinking would be the rods are too long after the heads were machined and now it is leaving the valves open a but because they are too tight....? Just a thought. What do you think? No answer is out of the question here I am open to anything. Thanks in advance.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First welcome to the forum...

Could be a slipped liner, could be a bad coil pack or it could be the Bosch plugs. Champion Platinum would be the recommended plug for a D2. I personally have never seen a set of +4 Bosch not eventually give the owner issues in a Discovery.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want some help with that issue, send me your telephone number and I'll call you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM