More LR4 Pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went in for service today and they had an LR4 sitting in the showroom so I had a good look around and snapped a bunch of cell phone pictures. Sorry for the questionable quality of some of them but I wanted to photograph a couple things I hadn't seen in other threads.

Everyone was talking about the new engine. Something about LR changing where fuel is injected so that you get greater horsepower in the same size engine. Apparently the supercharged 2009 RRS, for instance, has the same horsepower as the non-supercharged 2010 RRS.

Photos and commentary below. I'm sure Rover777 and any other new owners can answer any questions that come up or take some better photos.

photo1-vi.jpg

photo8-vi.jpg

This button is on all the door handles. What does it do? Car beeped when I pressed it.

photo6-vi.jpg

Seat pre-sets on the door. Door lock/unlock button now in a more logical spot.

photo6-vi.jpg

Passenger door.

(DOH! Just realized there is a limit of 4 pics per post. See replies below....)

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
photo3-vi.jpg

Dash with graphic display

photo-vi.jpg

Connector inside storage box.

photo10-vi.jpg

I connected my iPhone to the car w/ no issues.
The iPhone gave me the non-supported device warning but that comes up for many devices that will still charge the phone. The interesting thing is that when you go to the "iPod" screen on your iPhone it now says "device attached" (or something like that). So, if you want to scroll through your music you HAVE to use the LR4 display. You can't see any of your cover art or the like. It did seem like you have similar functionality, but I like the iPhone display better...

photo-vi.jpg

...any "iPod" menus come up. In this case I could pull up podcasts. I'm not sure what would happen if you played non-iPod audio though. I listen to "Pandora" a lot on my iPhone. I forgot to see if it still plays out through the car speakers in this configuration. It would be annoying to need a separate cable going to the rear Aux input.

Last edited:

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
photo2-vi.jpg

Start/stop button.

photo9-vi.jpg

Clock & controls.

photo4-vi.jpg

Engine Compartment - drivers side.

photo5-vi.jpg

Engine - passenger side.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
photo2-vi.jpg

Wheel w/ Continental tires

photo11-vi.jpg

Ass end.

photo3-vi.jpg

The Knob

photo7-vi.jpg

New sensors behind the mirror and a camera looking forward. I'm not sure why you need a camera looking forward...

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
photo1-vi.jpg

This is probably hard to see, but I was surprised to see the MPG drop. An early owner will have to tell us if they really get 17mpg highway. My '05 with 83K still gets 20+ highway. I think the window said 19mph when I bought it.

photo7-vi.jpg

Environmental Performance....really?

Overall, a very nice looking vehicle. Other than the painted fenders that I think will just get scratched up and be a maintenance headache for me. I liked it! Ahhh, how I miss that new car smell..... LOL

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. I could live with everything but those fugly painted fenders as well. Still wish they'd come out with a stripped down 'defender-ish' version of it, but the masses have spoken. It's nice to see some pics of what I'll be paying $25,000 for in 2.5 years :)
forward facing camera, ****!

edit: what did you plug your iphone into? That ipod dock does not look like the typical mail connector...is there an aux plug not pictured?

Last edited:

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. I could live with everything but those fugly painted fenders as well. Still wish they'd come out with a stripped down 'defender-ish' version of it, but the masses have spoken. It's nice to see some pics of what I'll be paying $25,000 for in 2.5 years :)
forward facing camera, ****!

edit: what did you plug your iphone into? That ipod dock does not look like the typical mail connector...is there an aux plug not pictured?

I agree. I would love a version of the LR4 with most of the electronics and options, but strip off all the fluff. Make something that would seem more in place getting covered with sand and mud.

There was a coiled cord in the glove box that I connected between my iPhone and that custom connector. Why they had to create another custom connector and not just use USB or something else, I don't know. But, that did the trick.

The USB connector must be pretty convenient if it just lets you plug in a memory stick full of music files. You could carry your entire music library on your key chain and leave it with the car.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think the new LR4 headlights could be retrofitted to the LR3? Looking at the pics, they seem about the same size and shape. I'm sure fitting the new grille would require a new bumper though seeing as how they kind of overlap. Would love to have the new style LED's on my black '05.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone was talking about the new engine. Something about LR changing where fuel is injected so that you get greater horsepower in the same size engine. Apparently the supercharged 2009 RRS, for instance, has the same horsepower as the non-supercharged 2010 RRS.

The 2010 LR4 has a 5.0L V8 (375hp) where the 2009 LR3 had a 4.4L (300hp).

The 2010 RRS non-sc also has the 5.0L with 375 hp, where the 2009 RRS SC had 390 HP from a 4.2L V8.

Most of the power gain appears to be from added displacement.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72