More LR4 Pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
toddjb122;85124New sensors behind the mirror and a camera looking forward. I'm not sure why you need a camera looking forward...[/QUOTE said:
Auto dimming high beams. ( I forget the correct nomenclature for this.)

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
todd,

Was that the Lux package? Can't see the sticker but i would assume it is since it has the memory driver option. How were the seats?

As far as the colored fenders, that was actaully the first thing i noticed and like about the 09's. I do understand the scratching part going through brush though. All a matter of taste i guess.

thanks

J...... The more i drive it, the more i like it.

Last edited:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the colored fenders, that was actaully the first thing i noticed and like about the 09's. I do understand the scratching part going through brush though. All a matter of taste i guess.

And use.....

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2010 LR4 has a 5.0L V8 (375hp) where the 2009 LR3 had a 4.4L (300hp).

The 2010 RRS non-sc also has the 5.0L with 375 hp, where the 2009 RRS SC had 390 HP from a 4.2L V8.

Most of the power gain appears to be from added displacement.

LOL ...guess everyone is fresh off the marketing hype and isn't really comparing apples to apples. Too funny. They just compared the old V8 the new V8.

They did say that the trailering program is pretty cool with the rear cameras.
1. You can hook up the trailer from inside the car. Back up to hitch and raise suspension to go into receiver ball. You still have to get out to chain it but if you're just moving it around the lot you can stay in the car.
2. Apparently when you back up with a trailer the car will even tell you which way to turn the wheel to get the trailer where you want it!

Rover777 I think this was one of the LUX packages. I remember seeing it on there. The total sticker price was $56K.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed it has the air intake vents on both sides. Does that mean we are in store for a dual snorkel Land Rover?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2. Apparently when you back up with a trailer the car will even tell you which way to turn the wheel to get the trailer where you want it!

I saw the instructions that you need to follow to set up trailer specs in the surround camera system memory (the surround camera system option is delayed until year end build dates due to an apparent manufacturing issue or shortage, by the way.) It's no rocket science, but no cakewalk either to do it right. You need to apply "target stickers" to the trailer in specific, camera friendly locations, measure and teach the system stuf such as hitch length, number of trailer axles, trailer wheels width... Not exactly plug and play operation, although you only need to set up a trailer once, I guess. Excerpt from the instructions:

Using the numeric pad, enter the Hitch Length* of the trailer, then select [Next]

*Hitch Length is the distance from the hitch point to the pivot point of the trailer. The pivot point will vary depending on the number of axles, and will be the centre line of the axle on a single axle trailer, the mid point between the axles on a twin axle trailer, the centre line of the centre axle on triple axle trailer etc.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the instructions that you need to follow to set up trailer specs in the surround camera system memory (the surround camera system option is delayed until year end build dates due to an apparent manufacturing issue or shortage, by the way.) It's no rocket science, but no cakewalk either to do it right. You need to apply "target stickers" to the trailer in specific, camera friendly locations, measure and teach the system stuf such as hitch length, number of trailer axles, trailer wheels width... Not exactly plug and play operation, although you only need to set up a trailer once, I guess. Excerpt from the instructions:

Interesting. According to the dealer LRNA came by with a demo vehicle that was outfitted with all the features and WOW'd everyone with demonstrations utilizing the 5 point cameras.

So, I'm guessing they come pulling a trailer properly outfitted and calibrated as you described.

You're right. Cool...but not plug and play!

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed it has the air intake vents on both sides. Does that mean we are in store for a dual snorkel Land Rover?
The V8 car has dual MAFs, so requires 2 intakes. The kit catalog lists snorkels for diesal, and V6 petrol, but none for V8.
When I picture dual snorkels, I get a weird feeling.
HBA sounds cool, if you drive in conditions that can actually use it. From training, I remember that there is an option to increase/decrease sensitivity, which is nice.
Trailering may be a bummer to set up, but a nice feature. If nothing else you can use the camera to get a hook-up much more easily.

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I went to pick up my plates last weekend, I asked to just take a peak at the only LR4 they had on the lot. To my surprise, the salesmen threw me the keys and let me take for a spin....

I only drove it for a couple of miles, but there is an obvious and immediate difference the 75 hp make. The truck feels much more nimble, and dare I say... quick.

This was an HSE no lux, but the new interior seemed very nice.

Driving impressions were very favorable. This truck felt a touch stiffer than mine, in a sporty/taut type of way.

I liked it alot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV