mounting second set of wheels and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally have a second set of wheels and offroad tires for m LR4 and I recall reading somewhere that the torque level on the lug nuts is critical to a smooth ride. Is that true? Anyone know the rating?

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The torque spec is 98 foot/pounds but 100 is close enough. Make sure you tighten the lug nuts in a cross pattern. I think there is a diagram in the owners manual.

Lug nut torque has nothing to do with a smooth ride. Too tight and you can warp the brake rotors and too loose, the wheel could come off.

Also, when you change the tires, leave a door open to stop the air suspension from moving. Get a decent floor jack and add jack stands as a backup. That OE jack that comes with the LR4 can be unstable.

discotwinturbo

Reaction score
I change my tyres regularly for my offroad set....a couple of times a month.
I use a trolley jack and remove the fuse that controls the air suspension. Leaving the door open does not prevent the suspension self adjusting on my car. Leaving the door open only stops the use of the up and down suspension adjustment, but self levelling continues to occur.
140 newtons or 98 foot pounds is spot on.
A neat trick is to leave the fuse in, and start to jack up the car. Once it starts to lift the self levelling will lift that wheel off the ground for you...
Brett....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM