My 2010 LR4 damaged from car hauler!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recieved my used 2010 LR4 on saturday morning. I live in houston TX and could not find a Used LR4 with the right price with all the options I wanted. I found one on the internet located in Chicago. So I purchased and have been waiting about 8 days for delivery. The called me Saturday early morning. Upon inspection this is what I found. Apparently they had the vehicle on the back of the car hauler under the cars on top. I am not sure if the vehicle bounced or they lowered the level above on the glass roof. This sucks. They said they are going to pay for it. So I have to call monday morning to get the claim started. I am happy with the vehicle...I just did not want to deal with this.

916-019D9FDB0770-3290-0000015B577F84B5_zps4b20e92e.jpg

03C-848F87EF2A59-3290-0000015B50DCC00C_zpsdec7cdf5.jpg

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your situation, but thanks for posting the pictures. I have always been curious about the strength of the roof glass. I have read about people just kneeling on the glass and having it crack, etc.

Congrats on the new LR4. I bet they can fix that pretty easily and it will be good as new.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man I am sorry to hear about the cracked glass roof. That sucks. I know a couple people who have cracked their glass and it was a pretty easy (and less expensive than they thought - not that you care about that since they are paying) fix.

Keep us posted and definitely post more photos!

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, that's such a bummer. Glad they'll pay for it. And congrats on the new LR4. You'll love it.

There was someone on this board that was washing his roof or something and leaned his knee into the glass and it broke.

Once you get the glass fixed, enjoy your new ride.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cracked the roof glass on my '12 LR4 installing the short rails last year... :frown: I just barely nicked the edge of the glass while digging out the long trim piece...:confused:. I couldn't believe how little it took to crack it from the edge. It's laminated glass just like a windshield, so it's not going anywhere, even cracked. I didn't get mine fixed until right before I traded it, because they have to take the whole headliner down which is kind a big deal in the LR3/4. The glass is glued in just like windshield and you have to get a new sat. antenna bracket as well.

Cost for the glass was about $850, but the labor took it up to about $1400...

Luckily, my insurance took care of it under the glass warranty even though I told them I broke it myself...

By the way, the long trim pieces are actually sort of a coated tin and they can bend easily if your not careful. Luckily, I didn't mess those up...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the top glass... one thing that I personally struggle with is keeping it clean. Even after a car wash it stays clean for about two-days... then gets ugly and doesn't really make having all that glass very attractive. Although the light coming in is amazing.

I wonder, with the new RR and RRS, the roof is almost all glass, how it would look after being crapped on all day by birds?

Must be nice sitting in the back of a '13 100K RR, lapped in luxury, but seeing nothing but bird crap above your head during the entire ride!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the top glass... one thing that I personally struggle with is keeping it clean. Even after a car wash it stays clean for about two-days... then gets ugly and doesn't really make having all that glass very attractive. Although the light coming in is amazing.

I wonder, with the new RR and RRS, the roof is almost all glass, how it would look after being crapped on all day by birds?

Must be nice sitting in the back of a '13 100K RR, lapped in luxury, but seeing nothing but bird crap above your head during the entire ride!
I agree, though I haven't seen my top glass in over a year - LOL!

With my roof rack, chicken coop flooring, and Pelican boxes on top I can't see anything.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, though I haven't seen my top glass in over a year - LOL!

With my roof rack, chicken coop flooring, and Pelican boxes on top I can't see anything.

hahaha... I just waxed my entire truck a few weeks ago, it was a big job, and even waxed and cleaned the glass really well...

the LR4 has just the right amount of glass... but this new Land Rover trend with making most of the roof glass might be a long-term pain in the rear from a cleaning and esthetic perspective. i mean, you'd see everything... bird **** and all... all the time.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahaha... I just waxed my entire truck a few weeks ago, it was a big job, and even waxed and cleaned the glass really well...

the LR4 has just the right amount of glass... but this new Land Rover trend with making most of the roof glass might be a long-term pain in the rear from a cleaning and esthetic perspective. i mean, you'd see everything... bird **** and all... all the time.
I really need to clean my truck - it's still muddy from 2 weeks ago.

I guess that's the benefits of having a rack with flooring, you never actually see the glass.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99