My 99 dr2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bsa239

Reaction score
Well I had an interesting situation with my 99 DR2, 152,000 miles while on the road to work, I stopped for gas, the transmission locked in drive, could remove the key as the computer said I was in drive. Atfter disconnecting the positive battery cable I then could move the shifter to park and remove the key. But the LR would not start, the security system locked everything up. I had it towed and repaired, new battery, new break switch, an the alarm system reset. Runs good now. Got a list of things I need to have done, total cost $3500.00 USD. :argh:

Haven't here in awhile, but have been reading the various posts.

Mike

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, what was included in that list for $3500? Are you at all mechanical?

bsa239

Reaction score
Parts to replace, ABS, head gasket, oil pan gasket, rear sun roof repair (not Opening) and assorted other items, I am mechcanical on small things which I have started to do. The Big things the dealer svc will do.

Cupiedoll

Reaction score
Disco mike, my BF talked to u over the phone a few years back about the purchase of his 99 disco 2. Now we have a problem for that we can't fix. We've read things to try but can't get it to start. Alarm problems. We can't get the alarm to disengage. Can you give us some insite please. Desperate....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99