My Rover Ate A Bolt - Anyone Help With Part Number or Specs???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The monster that lives in the bottom of my Rover that feeds on loose hardware has consumed one of the four torx screws that secures the rear crossover pipe (heater manifold) to the cylinder heads.

I am flat unable to find either a part number or specs on these so I can order in a replacement.

Any help would be appreciated.

Had to break into the engine for the first time in a while after she started puking coolant on the floor after a week at the beach. Decided to replace both crossovers, walnut blast the valves, replace the water pump, oil cooler pipe and both accessory drive belts.

I believe the leak was coming from the either the water pump, or the oil cooler outlet pipe behind the water pump. This will make the third or 4th water pump on this truck in 91,000 miles. The first three replacements I went with OEM, but given the failure rate I decided to try a GMB (Korean) version on this go round. One interesting item I found to try was that Rock Auto now stocks an aluminum version of the failure prone plastic oil cooler outlet pipe.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your troubles brother, but know that you are more than capable of knocking it out. I found these that look right. They're the same pitch and head as the water pump bolts, but shorter:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...MIz-XGru6G6gIVDE2GCh0BxgIZEAQYDyABEgLkAvD_BwE

I hope that helps.

yep, not a hard job, I just fat fingered the bolt.

Ran by the dealer at lunch and they had one for 5 bucks. Overpriced, of course, but it is in hand.

As a side bonus, I got to take a look at a new Defender for the first time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM