MY14 USB Video Codec and Rear Headrest Configuration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

calisean

Reaction score
Using the new Meridian system on 14' Lux with entertainment. Two Questions:

Video USB Format: I loaded a few movies and it keep saying "device error". I read the book and it is not very clear but mentions DivX codec which is usually compatible with Xvid (opensource). I am converting a couple movies to test with AVI/Xvid but does anyone have any guidance?

Rear Headrest Screens: So far every time we get in the car we have to manually select the DVD input to display a movie on the screen. We hit the "lock" button but it only locks it during our trip. Any idea how to keep it the same every time we get in the vehicle?

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forget the exact settings ive used, but you have to try a few different resolutions and bitrates. The rear screens are picky about the format, but RSE is supposed to be DivX certified. I have pulled down youtube videos for the kids, converted them to divx and used them from usb hard drives and thumb drives.

You can grab the divx converter app and try a few settings. I recall they have like 'home theatre' and other presets.

If you get really desperate, you can just convert to VOB and burn standard DVDs.

I have a 13 lux with RSE, so im not sure if its much different.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear Headrest Screens: So far every time we get in the car we have to manually select the DVD input to display a movie on the screen. We hit the "lock" button but it only locks it during our trip. Any idea how to keep it the same every time we get in the vehicle?

Can't do it, I'm afraid. It's a pain in the a** having to select the DVD input and turn on the monitors manually each time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635