MY2013 - Order Now to Get the V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless it's a whole new model being introduced, a model year build switchover at the UK factory normally doesn't happen until after the summer holiday closure (August) and often later than that depending on leftover inventory, so I wouldn't worry too much about the April deadline to order yours. They will still be building plenty of 2013s in 3-4 months from now.

Last year they tried hard to build me a 2012 in August when I put down my deposit, I had to insist with the dealer that I wanted to wait for a 2013 (which they didn't build until mid-November...)

I am also very skeptical about the S/C V6 engine replacing the V8 on the LR4 next year personally, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless it's a whole new model being introduced, a model year build switchover at the UK factory normally doesn't happen until after the summer holiday closure (August) and often later than that depending on leftover inventory, so I wouldn't worry too much about the April deadline to order yours. They will still be building plenty of 2013s in 3-4 months from now.

Last year they tried hard to build me a 2012 in August when I put down my deposit, I had to insist with the dealer that I wanted to wait for a 2013 (which they didn't build until mid-November...)

I am also very skeptical about the S/C V6 engine replacing the V8 on the LR4 next year personally, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.
Thanks, umbertob!

That was very helpful. The two dealerships both told me they would be taking orders for a couple months, so if you add a bit to that (since they would likely make it seem more dire than reality to order one ASAP), then it sounds about right.

I think the timing is definitely important for a few folks on this list who want to wait a little while before going with the 2013, so this is great feedback.

For me, I am pretty much ready so I may go ahead and order what I want to get something by late Summer/early Fall.

Now I just need to decide on a darn color! ;-) red, white, or green (leaning toward red or white). I am pretty much settled on the arabica interior.

Thanks again!

-David

festus

Reaction score
...I have not spoken with my dealership about any specific pricing, but I would appreciate knowing how you went about discussing deals, etc. I know that I did mention transferring some of my current accessories to the new vehicle, but pricing was not mentioned.

It sounds like we will have a similar build, I think MSRP is around $61,000? So, they are taking 2K off that???

I'm not sure how helpful this will be but I ordered my LR4 in January (supposed to arrive at the end of this month) and before we even started doing the build I told them I wanted 5% off whatever the price ended up being. They were hesitant at first, even offering me $500 off at one point :smile: but after an hour or so they agreed. It probably helped that there are five dealerships in the area and since there was nothing on their lot that I was interested in they knew I could just walk out and order from another dealership.

As far as my build, I ordered the HSE LUX with every option except for the Rear Seat Entertainment package and the total came to $63,120. They knocked off $3,200 for a pre-tax/fees selling price of $59,920.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how helpful this will be but I ordered my LR4 in January (supposed to arrive at the end of this month) and before we even started doing the build I told them I wanted 5% off whatever the price ended up being. They were hesitant at first, even offering me $500 off at one point :smile: but after an hour or so they agreed. It probably helped that there are five dealerships in the area and since there was nothing on their lot that I was interested in they knew I could just walk out and order from another dealership.

As far as my build, I ordered the HSE LUX with every option except for the Rear Seat Entertainment package and the total came to $63,120. They knocked off $3,200 for a pre-tax/fees selling price of $59,920.
This was VERY helpful. I am going to negotiate with them even before they officially submit the build. They want me to complete the build online and then they will use that information to start the order (along with the deposit).

Thanks again - I am trying to put together a strategy for working with them to get a good deal.

-David

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Count,

Thanks for the note. I really do love the Aintree Green and keep going back to that color, but I also really like the Fuji White and Firenze Red. Sounds like you have a similar build to me, except I am not getting the extended leather. Are you going with the heavy duty package?

Are you ordering from BMC? I am going with LR of San Jose, but I am curious as to the type of deal you can get at BMC vs. LR of San Jose. What are they telling you in terms of timing?

Let's chat further.

-David

Oh, yes... definitely want the HD package, it's worth the price as well. I have to get the extended leather, I know if I don't, I'll regret it. When I felt the leather on the RR (outgoing model) wrapped over the dash as well as the RRS, I fell in love with it, and have to have it. I also saw an Aintree Green w/Ivory interior and it was gorgeous... but, I know my wife's fancy blue jeans with half-dollar-size-buttons, and my Son's insane eating habits, will ruin that leather pretty damn fast!

I’m planning to order mine from San Jose LR. They’re awesome in my book. That’s where I bought my ’10 and it was the best buying experience I’ve ever had at a car dealership. Although, I have not used their service because it’s just too far… so that’s why I use BMC. I was originally going to get my ’10 at BMC but they were so arrogant. At one point, the salesman said for no reason whatsoever, “You know, this isn’t a Toyota, do you know what quality is?” In my head I was like, “What a ****.” But that was one sales guy. BMC service is truly outstanding and I'd still take my '13 to them for service. It's just hard working with them on numbers because their clientele are uber-rich... I mean, they sell Bentley and Lambos... and their showroom looks like a 5-star hotel.

Went to San Jose LR and was in and out in less than 2 hours and was able to negotiate a reasonable deal quite easily. I wasn’t asking for a free truck, but I simply asked if they could give me a deal and they gave me one. No hassle, no pressure… no “used” car salesman BS.

Anyway, I need to figure out what my game plan is going to be over the weekend. I have to finalize my approach with my lovely wife. Although I wear the pants in the house, I think her pants are bigger. Haha… But, from what I’ve gathered, if you’re MSRP comes out to about $66K, you should be able to get it to $60K. So my assumption is if you’re around $60K, you can get it for $57K or so.

Last edited:

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The extended leather adds leather to just the tops of the doors and instrument cluster cover, right?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10 percent off a custom build! I should have had you negotiate for me :smile:

There's a web site, forgot the name, that aggregates local sales data so you can target what you can expect to pay. When the '12 LR4 Limited Addition was selling at a MSRP of $66K, the sales data in the San Francisco area, averaged the selling price at $61K. You can use this as a target.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I've gotten pretty lucky with my auto purchases. When I purchased my '10 LR4 HSE (non-lux) the MSRP was $56K and I got them down to $51K. And they threw in a bunch of free stuff. And my wife, who recently purchased a Mercedes, was able to get $4K off MSRP and they gave her a very high trade-in on her BMW. Basically just a hair below what she'd get on a private sale.

If you have enough dealerships in your area and can linger until you find the right sales person, you can get a good deal. I think it's part behavioral and overall attitude. As well as a sale person you can connect with.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM