MY2013 - Order Now to Get the V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised by all the people who say they do not want the vision assist package. I find it to be one of the greatest features (and most used) on my Range Rover. With the vission assist pack, you also get "blind spot monitoring." I almost rely on the blind spot monitoring too much as I forget to tur my head and look back when driving my wife's car. I love this feature. Secondly, with the surround camera system, I use it every time I am pulling into an "end" spot in a parking lot. Comes in handy. I have mentioned in a prior thread that our Range Rover has hooked us on Land Rover. We intend to special order an LR4 this year, and the vision assist package is at the top of our want list.

It still has front and rear parking sensors and the rear camera. I just dont think the image quality is very good and my truck will be very dirty most of the time. Try keeping external cameras clean in the winters of iowa, or the dust from all the gravel, etc... not easy, plus I don't want to have to keep my lr4 clean, it looks good dirty.

Im not sure the LR4 vision assist has the blind spot monitoring, correct me if im wrong. That is a cool feature, but im not sure I could get used to trusting that. Good safety feature, but might not be a good idea to use it day to day.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It still has front and rear parking sensors and the rear camera. I just dont think the image quality is very good and my truck will be very dirty most of the time. Try keeping external cameras clean in the winters of iowa, or the dust from all the gravel, etc... not easy, plus I don't want to have to keep my lr4 clean, it looks good dirty.

Im not sure the LR4 vision assist has the blind spot monitoring, correct me if im wrong. That is a cool feature, but im not sure I could get used to trusting that. Good safety feature, but might not be a good idea to use it day to day.
The LR4 does not have blind spot monitoring.

I just don't like gadgets. :)

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as my build, I ordered the HSE LUX with every option except for the Rear Seat Entertainment package and the total came to $63,120. They knocked off $3,200 for a pre-tax/fees selling price of $59,920.

I've been looking for a price sheet to know if this is a deal and can't seem to find anything. I've got an order in on a 2013 LR4 HSE LUX with the same MSRP...dealer is offering $3500 off. I have no basis for whether or not that is a good deal. Any help????

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for a price sheet to know if this is a deal and can't seem to find anything. I've got an order in on a 2013 LR4 HSE LUX with the same MSRP...dealer is offering $3500 off. I have no basis for whether or not that is a good deal. Any help????

I'm not sure where you're located but more than $3,000 off on a factory order would be a very good deal in the New England area.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you're located but more than $3,000 off on a factory order would be a very good deal in the New England area.

Yup. About the best I cold get here was $1500 off. Maybe if I had haggled more, I could have made it $2000.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. About the best I cold get here was $1500 off. Maybe if I had haggled more, I could have made it $2000.

I got $3,000 off in the Boston area, but think the dealer got a bit back on the trade. I'm pretty happy as I got exactly what I wanted (Causeway Grey Lux with ELP, etc.) and the residual value on the trade was still crazy high.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got $3,000 off in the Boston area, but think the dealer got a bit back on the trade. I'm pretty happy as I got exactly what I wanted (Causeway Grey Lux with ELP, etc.) and the residual value on the trade was still crazy high.

Well, given that most dealers were out of allocations, I didn't have bargaining power.

It's ok. I've gotten insanely good deals in all my cars prior to this one, so I don't mind leaving a bit of money on the table as long as I get what I want without hassle. It's not like I paid full asking. And frankly given the price of used LR4's, even MSRP is a better deal, IMO (unless you get really lucky).

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm in Oklahoma City...sounds like there may be a geographic advantage...might be due to the fact that there aren't many hills or mountains here. :dontknow:

I hate the psychology or car buying, for some reason it's critically important for me to feel good about "the deal". Which is sad because because it detracts from the amazing product I am buying. One thing I like about buying BMW's is I know exactly what the dealer margin is. There is a site called bmwconfig.com that puts it all out there....I wish LR had something similar.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Oklahoma City...sounds like there may be a geographic advantage...might be due to the fact that there aren't many hills or mountains here. :dontknow:

I hate the psychology or car buying, for some reason it's critically important for me to feel good about "the deal". Which is sad because because it detracts from the amazing product I am buying. One thing I like about buying BMW's is I know exactly what the dealer margin is. There is a site called bmwconfig.com that puts it all out there....I wish LR had something similar.

Truecar is pretty decent, although it doesn't list dealer holdbacks and incentives. There are also some good sites to get leasing details including Chase money factors if you go that route.

rlsummers3

Reaction score
I'm in San Diego, CA. and all the dealers here say the engine and interior changes to the LR4 won't be until 15. So confidently that they won't place an order for a 13' for me. They tell me to order my 14' now....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM