nav system acting up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tongagrnlr3

Reaction score
my nav system is having trouble with the touch screen. :help:

when you start the car the screen wont respond for the first 2-20 minutes :confused:

after that it will randomy register a "touch" and start scrolling around on the screen. :stupid:

any one have any ideas what is going on or a way to reset the screen / system?

hoping i dont have to replace cuz a new unit is just over $1000!!!!

any help will be greatly appreciated :smile:

PhyrraM

Reaction score
my nav system is having trouble with the touch screen. :help:

when you start the car the screen wont respond for the first 2-20 minutes :confused:

after that it will randomy register a "touch" and start scrolling around on the screen. :stupid:

any one have any ideas what is going on or a way to reset the screen / system?

hoping i dont have to replace cuz a new unit is just over $1000!!!!

any help will be greatly appreciated :smile:

Is it just the navigation? Or is it also happening on the 4x4 info and other screen?

If it's just the navigation, it might be the drive unit, or cabling to the unit under the seat?

tongagrnlr3

Reaction score
It semis to be just the screen itself. The nag software and 4x4 info software are ok as far as I can tell. It's just the touch function that seems to be weird... Although I guess it could be a program error not recognizing the input from the screen...? :confused:

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an old thread, but a couple of weeks ago this started to happen on my LR3. I could tell the nav system was still working but the touch screen wasn't responsive. I took off the dash cowling to expose the mount screws for the nav screen. The cowl just pulls out by force from the bottom on both sides of the ashtray. So after pulling out the nav screen and blowing out a lot of road dust, I reseated the wiring plugs and it started working again! I'm guessing a contact was dirty causing the loss in communication with the NAV unit. This took about 15 min. And and I can't guess how much I saved by this little cleanup.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM