Never Coming Back Again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Borrowed2005LR3

Reaction score
Needed a 7 passenger vehicle for the weekend. Borrowed a 2005 LR3 from a friend. My friend made it a point to show me where the battery jumper cables were and stated that I might need them. The battery was replaced about 1 year ago. I should have cancelled my trip there and then. Spent my saturday at a Land Rover dealer after a jump from roadside assistance. They replaced the battery free of charge (this vehicle has only 35K miles on it, what a shame) with no other explanation. While I was the concerned operator of such a poorly made machine, I experienced a number of Parking Break Faults and Vehicle Height alarms. These were cleared by pulling over and restarting the car after a brief rest. Returned the vehicle to my friend on Sunday with my condolences. The LR3 is not long for their family. My 2007 Ford Fusion (AWD-V6) with 19K miles has been back to the dealer once for the free oil change offered by the dealer. The same is true for my 2007 Volvo XC70 with 29K miles (also a Ford owned company). The best way to improve the quality of Land Rover products is to stop buying/leasing them. A reduced customer base might actually send a message. For all of you trapped in the allure of Land Rover, I hope that Tata will have a positive impact. My friend put it best when she said "I do not think the British understand how to make a good automobile". For me, I will keep my money off of the street and flip my less expensive vehicles every 2 years. Happy Motoring!!!

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, trolls are not welcome in this forum.

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go drive your ford over this and let me know how it goes:

356309197_MYgfg-L.jpg

and that's fairly easy.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What exactly was the point of your post?

The battery in the LR3 has tough duty, with all of the electrical systems on-board. The faults you mention are probably due to the lack of voltage supplied by the faulty battery, although I'm not sure why it's so weak after just one year. Maybe your buddy runs the hell out of it with the ignition off??? While I'm not happy with its lack of longevity, having to replace it a year or two earlier than in other vehicles doesn't exactly call for the indictment you seem to have given it.

If you really want to understand the "quality" of the Land Rover family of products, why don't you try following one of us up a black diamond-rated trail in either of your so-called SUVs?

I bought my LR3 for its offroad prowess, not for its cupholders. If it needs more attention for little issues like it's had then so be it. The vehicle has saved my life too many times at this point for me to disrespect it or do anything short of refuting your ridiculous post.

Tell your friend to buy a new battery.

radionightster

Reaction score
If I had to drive a Ford Fusion I'd **** myself. Some of us appreciate a luxury vehicle. When it comes to SUVs, Land Rover's at the top. If you want a cruiser motorcycle, you but a Harley Davidson, not a Suzuki. The same with vehicles!

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't read the original post as a quick glance at Grommet's reply let me know it was a troll and a waste of my time. :bootyshak

Now post some more LR3 Offroading pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :eating: :driver:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like someone doesn't know how to enjoy the finer things in life... Land Rovers, a Good Bourbon (Makers Mark :biggrin:) and a long weekend off roading.

I guess mall crawling requires a different life style and vehicle... Ford Fusion, a drink with unknown origin, and a day shopping at Kohls.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran over a speedbump on the way to work this morning, I looked in the rear view mirror and was surprised to see it was actually a ford fusion.....

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YouTube - LR3 at Liberty

Seriously, let it buffer and slide the slider over to about the 1:10 mark; it takes me a while to get going. It's not the greatest video of all time, but I was having fun! The hill was really steep, which you can sort of determine by seeing the people at the top of the hill...the terrain was like cake mix, not much traction.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72