New issue-speaker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left side (drivers) speakers are intermittently working. I have an SE with the basic HK system...any ideas?

Did a quick search with no results...thanks.

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it happen regardless of input? Sometimes I get a crappy connection through my AUX jack, and lose half the speakers...if I wiggle the wires a bit they come right back.

Just a thought. Good luck!

-Paul

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It hasn't happened with that yet....usually through CD and radio.

Thanks!

Rix92x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the issue...I have been addicted to my car audio since birth nothing is more depressing to me than a broken stereo :help:

I would suggest it is a connection issue/cable issue from the audio source to the speakers. however, Is there a static like sound as they cut out or just a sudden loss of sound followed by sound playing from the speakers? (scratchy sound while cutting in and out or a clean loss like hitting a mute button on the TV)

Should help determine if this is a connectivity issue, amplifier issue or an output channel on the head unit dieing.

If your under warranty-save yourself the worry and head to the dealer

Good luck

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...I'm a music buff my self...so if they aren't working, it'll need to be towed...haha.

I'm under warranty, I'll take it in next week, wanted to see if there was just a simple fix.

Thanks all!

motz

Reaction score
my speaker on drivers side goes on and off too.
I told the dealer but i guess they werent able to catch it when it goes OFF.
So they said theres nothing wrong with it
and my warranty just expired.

Great...

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, my does the same thing. The drivers side door speaker will cut out at low volume sometimes, but when I turn the music up, the speaker "wakes up". Dealer "could not replicate".

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your LR3 is Java on Alpaca too...and a V8 SE...maybe the black ones are possessed? :biggrin:

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue. It was specifically the driver's side woofer in the front. Like dantheman1, raising the volume would cause the speaker to "pop" back alive. About a month ago I took apart the door trim and tried disconnecting and then reconnecting the speaker connection to see if that was the cause of the intermittent audio. I haven't had any recurrences of the problem since then.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If cranking it up re activates it you may have a slightly blown speaker. In that the voice coil was heated and deformed to the point that it hangs up on the magnet until you give it enough juice to jump back to life. If the problem persists, put a volt meter on the leads and see if you are getting signal from the amp. If so you most likely need a woofer. You could also check the ohms across the leads of the speaker when it is umplugged and it may throw you a wonky reading.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635