New Owner Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewlum

Reaction score
I've got to tell you, I love my LR4 HSE Lux! I have the metallic black and it's fantastic!

However, I do have a few questions:

1.) I read in the owners manual about the service menu on the instrument panel where I can check oil levels,etc. That isn't an option on my menu. Is there something that needs to be enabled at the dealership to be able to see that option?

2.) I also noticed that in the manual that it shows a digital speedometer read out in the lower right hand corner of the display. I would like to have this but I don't see where I can enable it.

3.) Are there 18" wheels available (other than the compomotive) that I can fit with larger tires for winter and light off road?

thanks in advance!

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got to tell you, I love my LR4 HSE Lux! I have the metallic black and it's fantastic!

However, I do have a few questions:

1.) I read in the owners manual about the service menu on the instrument panel where I can check oil levels,etc. That isn't an option on my menu. Is there something that needs to be enabled at the dealership to be able to see that option?

2.) I also noticed that in the manual that it shows a digital speedometer read out in the lower right hand corner of the display. I would like to have this but I don't see where I can enable it.

3.) Are there 18" wheels available (other than the compomotive) that I can fit with larger tires for winter and light off road?

thanks in advance!
I don't have my manual in front of me right now but if I remember correctly you have to run the engine for about 5 minutes, then open the hood before it will show up on the screen in the center of the dash. Make sure you read the sequence correctly.

Jim

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had asked my dealer about this when I first got my LR4 and they said it was not available in the US models. But if anyone figures out how to enable this, please post. I would love to have this feature.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had asked my dealer about this when I first got my LR4 and they said it was not available in the US models. But if anyone figures out how to enable this, please post. I would love to have this feature.

The strange thing is that the digital speed in the TFT screen works if you change the settings to km/h. I called LRNA to asked why mph was disabled, but never got a straight answer.

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
Here's the deal with the service menu. You can't get to it when the engine is running. To see it, push the start button without putting your foot on the brake. The nav display will come on, windows will work, etc., as though you'd switch the key to position 1 on a typical keyed ignition. Now go into the menus and you will see the service menu.

You can check the oil level when the engine is cold, or warm after sitting with the engine off for about 10 minutes. If you try to check it immediately after driving you will get a message that says "Oil Level Unavailable."

HTH

drewlum

Reaction score
The strange thing is that the digital speed in the TFT screen works if you change the settings to km/h. I called LRNA to asked why mph was disabled, but never got a straight answer.
I find this really odd since in England the speed is measured in mph.

drewlum

Reaction score
Here's the deal with the service menu. You can't get to it when the engine is running. To see it, push the start button without putting your foot on the brake. The nav display will come on, windows will work, etc., as though you'd switch the key to position 1 on a typical keyed ignition. Now go into the menus and you will see the service menu.

You can check the oil level when the engine is cold, or warm after sitting with the engine off for about 10 minutes. If you try to check it immediately after driving you will get a message that says "Oil Level Unavailable."

HTH
Thanks! I re-read the manual and realized that I looked over the part that said "with the engine off" :)

thanks!

SHS4

Reaction score
I wonder if those features will be available for '12 so that LRNA can claim "enhanced TFT" functionality or what not.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are right -- I just tried it and the digital speed does indeed appear when I change to km. Makes no sense why it would display in one mode and not the other. :stupid:

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are right -- I just tried it and the digital speed does indeed appear when I change to km. Makes no sense why it would display in one mode and not the other. :stupid:

Yeah! I just switched to kmph and I got the digital readout. Very strange.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99