New Recall Alert : Fuel System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Likewise. My appointment isn't available for a month, though. So after our big trip to Utah.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got mine. emailed receipts of previous work to local land rover shop. We will see if they pony up.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the low pressure in-tank fuel pump is replaced as part of this, is it a redesigned part? If redesigned, wouldn't you be covered for replacement under the recall even if you had the work done prior with now-defective parts?

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the low pressure in-tank fuel pump is replaced as part of this, is it a redesigned part? If redesigned, wouldn't you be covered for replacement under the recall even if you had the work done prior with now-defective parts?
we will see what they say. I only had the fuel sender (LR043420)and the gasket replaced at the time. It was smelling of fuel, and that fixed the issue.

CaliLee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering about this myself. I had the tank cover and seal replaced with the then-current parts in 2019.

The dealer told me to bring my receipt down to do the paperwork and the reimbursement would take a few weeks. I’ll ask about the rest when I go see them.

LR4HD

Reaction score
I just had the recall work done - picked the LR4 up today. Same parts replaced as listed by 16FujiDisco.

When I dropped it off yesterday, I asked for a quote to replace the tank low pressure fuel pump - they came back with $1345 ($1020 for parts - pump, senders, etc. - & $325 labor). They said part # for the low pressure fuel pump for my LR4 is LR043385 (I didn't write down the other part #s for the senders, etc).

When I picked it up, I asked the service guy (not mechanic) about the recall part listed as "LR175172 Pump - Fuel" - he didn't know what that part was other than it wasn't the tank low pressure fuel pump.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA