New Recall Alert : Fuel System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

double 0

Reaction score
When I booked the appt. a few weeks ago, they said it would be done same day. So I took my 2011 in this past Weds and the guy says they may need it overnight. He gave me a loaner at least. Tells me Thurs they need it until Friday. Tells me Friday they need to keep it over the holiday weekend, so now it's Tuesday. Man, I hope they aren't mucking it up. My truck has been in great shape (only 83k miles). And I really miss it! This Discovery Sport I am in is tiny, doesn't even have power seats, or satellite radio.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My recall work was completed in 50 mins last week I waited.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't wait, but dropped our LR4 off this morning at 9:30, and got a call that it would be ready at 13:30. They washed/vacuumed it to boot, so it looks much nicer than when I brought it in. They did say my right rear brake pad was separating from the backing plate, and offered to replace the rear pads only for $1326.67, rotors not included.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They did say my right rear brake pad was separating from the backing plate, and offered to replace the rear pads only for $1326.67, rotors not included.

Holy cow. That's ridiculous. I think the Land Rover pads are $125. How many hours do they think that job takes?

Troy A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 LR4. My job took 2 days. Took it in with a full tank. They did the work. We ran the tank down to 1/4. Filled the tank this morning and now my garage is filled with fuel fumes. I never experienced any issues prior to the service. Heading back there to the dealer now.

Update: at the dealer now and the service advisor said: “One thing Ive noticed recently with doing so much of these fuel tank flange recall's is that due to the age of the vehicle's the plastic connecters (which are a quick style connect type) are brittle and can have cracks due to their age and I have seen them break, not related to the recall. Lets inspect it and find out whats going on.”

Update 2: Definitely a fuel leak now (which I knew). Dealer is keeping the truck and will pull everything apart again this week. They gave me a loaner to drive in the meantime. Said “we’ve seen a few of these where the fix for the recall causes another issue” and they’re going to see if they can get this all factored into the recall price back to JLR so it’s not coming out of my pocket.

I actually hesitated to go in and fix this because of the old “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” rule. That may actually be the best course of action - wait if and until an actual issue arises and THEN leverage the recall….

Update 3: The loaner is a 2020+ Range Rover Evooque. Not even close to being as cool as the LR4.
Update 4: Truck has been stuck at the dealer now for 5 days in a shop backlog to fix the leaking fuel problem caused when they did the 2 day recall.

double 0

Reaction score
Just got my ride back after a week. Seems to be idling slightly rougher, but that could be in my head after driving a new car for a week. The vacuum and wash are a nice touch! So happy to have my V8 back.

Troy A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update 4: Truck has been stuck at the dealer now for 5 days in a shop backlog to fix the leaking fuel problem caused when they did the 2 day recall.
Update 5: When the dealer did the original recall fix, some debris got into some part near the filler pipe where the new parts connected, essentially stopping it from sealing so when the tank pressurized, it basically spewed out fumes through the gap. They dropped the tank, pulled the assembly out, found the debris, removed it and reinstalled it and it's been rock solid since. Should not have happened but the dealer took ownership, did the recall on JLR's dime and the revisit on their dime (or JLR's - who knows).

I was very happy to give them back the Evoque which is not a great vehicle and get back into the 2013 LR4 with the V8 and the floor-shifter. All's well that ends well.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to double-check, voyager sliders shouldn't be in the way of anything for this, right ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA