New Recall Alert : Fuel System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't think so. The voyagers look like they mount similar to the Terrafirma ones, which are what I have and they didn't balk when I took mine in.

FrenchDisco

Reaction score
All was great on my ‘13 until I had the recall competed. Ever since, it won’t fill all the way with gas.
Then a few hundred miles after the work was done we got a CEL. Dealer said it was for an expansion valve, which they then replaced under the recall at no additional cost to me. Lately I started getting the loose gas cap exclamation warning seemingly only when the tank is below 1/4. It goes away on its own, but since the truck has 105k on it, I decided it wasn’t a big deal to buy a new factory gas cap And install myself. Sure enough today, fuel is below 1/4 and the gas cap warning is back…

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All was great on my ‘13 until I had the recall competed. Ever since, it won’t fill all the way with gas.
Then a few hundred miles after the work was done we got a CEL. Dealer said it was for an expansion valve, which they then replaced under the recall at no additional cost to me. Lately I started getting the loose gas cap exclamation warning seemingly only when the tank is below 1/4. It goes away on its own, but since the truck has 105k on it, I decided it wasn’t a big deal to buy a new factory gas cap And install myself. Sure enough today, fuel is below 1/4 and the gas cap warning is back…

I've been dealing with that lately. Haven't had the recall done yet, but I did replace the parts myself a while back. I got other EVAP and purge valve codes, couldn't fill the truck with gas last summer. new DMTL pump and purge valve did the trick. Occasionally I get the purge valve and gas cap warnings, just put a new cap on. Haven't had the fueling issue anymore though.

taxi

Reaction score
I took my '13 in for the recall about 2 weeks ago. It only took half a day. 20 miles later my Check Fuel Tank Cap warning came on and CEL for "P0456-00 (AF) Evaporative emission system leak detected." I brought it back and they replaced the gas cap. Another 20 miles later, both lights came on again. I brought it back and they performed a smoke test on the fuel system and found a pinched seal at the fuel flange which they replaced. 20 miles later, both lights are on again and I'm scheduled to go back Monday. I have an eary feeling this next visit is going to be on my dime. I'm really regretting having the recall serviced in the first place.

Doesn't sound like there's been any one cause or solution to this problem. Anyone have advice to tell the shop as to what to look for?

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to help unskew the data, my repair was trouble free so far, several tanks in. I don't think recalls have a time limit, so I guess if you don't need it it's probably ok to skip

MarcusTriton

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA