New to me 2014; how to start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

backcountryLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As an owner of a 2014 and now a 2015, I was dumfounded when I found out, here she (AJ126) is... View attachment 9946

FFS...

That is ghetto as hell. They actually incurred what I imagine are significant costs to engineer that "C" shaped stupidity at the end of the block. I would have been cheaper to just clear use the same V-8 block and just not use a piston and seal or not bore out the bottom of the cylinder. What craziness.

While I'm content with the 375hp/tq V8 power, it's a shame they never offered a supercharged 5.0 V8 version with ~500hp/460tq... that would have been awesome.

Dunno if a swap is feasible, or if anyone has done it, but that would - IMO - be hugely preferred over the LS swap.

Not sure how much a quality second hand SC V8 out of a RRS or RR would be nor how hard a swap would be... But it sounds interesting.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always been curious to understand why we can't just take the SC out of the V6 and bolt it into the V8...?

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always been curious to understand why we can't just take the SC out of the V6 and bolt it into the V8...?
I'd have to see some pics of the V6 SC unit, but I suspect it has 6 outlet ports, not 8.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, that ain't gonna work on a V8...

:(

s-l1600.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA