Newbie needs info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's my set up.

oem cross bars and thule moab.

with cross bars on you'll hear some wind noise. with moab on you'll hear a sure increase of wind noise along with some rattling (couldnt figure out where it was from even after securing everything down multiple times) even with the diffuser on.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39553560@N00/

i love the look, but until i figure out where the rattle comes from, i am not going to leave it on permanently.

Very cool - I have the OEM bars with OEM luggage rack. It was so loud with the luggage rack that I couldn't stand it. Now I just have the OEM bars up but I still hear the high pitch swoosh sound. Now I am thinking about taking the OEM bars out also.
How is the diffuser working for you?

Pickasaurus

Reaction score
Very cool - I have the OEM bars with OEM luggage rack. It was so loud with the luggage rack that I couldn't stand it. Now I just have the OEM bars up but I still hear the high pitch swoosh sound. Now I am thinking about taking the OEM bars out also.

Garg, which rails do you have (short or standard) and when you say OEM bars are those the cross bars or rails?

Pick

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Diffuser on the basket seems to do the job, but no where near quiet. As for the noise with the bars only, check the lr3 forum. Some people found a fix for it by applying tape somewhere.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635