Newbie needs info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pickasaurus

Reaction score
I will be taking delivery of my new 2011 LR4 in Ockney grey next month. I have searched this site, but have not been able to get a definitive answer to two questions;
1. What are the best floor mats and where do I go for the best price. 1(a) is there a good cargo liner that covers all the carpet and is tough enough to handle an 86 lb dog?
2. Is there a roof rack system (with cargo basket) that works well and is quiet? 2(a) where do I get it and how much?

I live in Colorado and do a lot of climbing, snow shoeing and skiing with two other couples. I need the mats to contain all the muck we get on our feet as well as to keep my big ugly dog from getting his hair stuck in the carpet. I need to throw our packs up on a roof rack, but when not climbing or snowshoeing want the ride to be nice and quiet.

Thanks in advance,

Pick

p.s. Are there any Colorado LR off roaders in here?

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I don't have personal experience yet with the OEM rubber mats (they are on the way to me now), I didn't see anything out there that I like better. They cover all of the floor in the second row, and are very heavy. The shipping weight for the first and second row mats is 21 lbs.

I already have the OEM cargo liner, which is also very heavy, thick rubber, and stands up just fine to my 185 lb. Mastiff.

As for best place to buy from, I ordered both the cargo mat and the floor mats from British Parts of Utah.

lance562

Reaction score
I akso have a 2011 LR4. The OEM cargo mat is great. As far as the front floor mats I am using WeatherTech digital fit floor liners and they work great.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be taking delivery of my new 2011 LR4 in Ockney grey next month. I have searched this site, but have not been able to get a definitive answer to two questions;
1. What are the best floor mats and where do I go for the best price. 1(a) is there a good cargo liner that covers all the carpet and is tough enough to handle an 86 lb dog?
2. Is there a roof rack system (with cargo basket) that works well and is quiet? 2(a) where do I get it and how much?

I live in Colorado and do a lot of climbing, snow shoeing and skiing with two other couples. I need the mats to contain all the muck we get on our feet as well as to keep my big ugly dog from getting his hair stuck in the carpet. I need to throw our packs up on a roof rack, but when not climbing or snowshoeing want the ride to be nice and quiet.

Thanks in advance,

Pick

p.s. Are there any Colorado LR off roaders in here?
Hi Pickasaurus,

Welcome! I have the OEM rubber floor mats in front and back, as well as the cargo liner. I have an 85+ lb. dog and they hold up excellent. I think you can get them for close to $200.00. There are a few sources, but I ordered mine through BP of Utah (as mentioned above). One great thing about BP of Utah is that they will MATCH any price - just e-mail them ahead of time. They were great!

As far as the roof rack, that's something I will leave to other folks as I do not have one. I know you want to make sure you get the right one and it's best to let the dealership do the install - as I some folks have cracked the glass top doing it themself. I'd say for that type of roof rack you will be over a thousand at least.

Best of luck and we can't wait to see photos!

Oh, and I love rock climbing too!

-David

Pickasaurus

Reaction score
Do you mind telling me how much they ran you?

As for best place to buy from, I ordered both the cargo mat and the floor mats from British Parts of Utah.[/QUOTE]

Pickasaurus

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys, still looking for some info on a roof rack system. Any educated opinions?

Pick

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $140 for the 1st & 2nd row mats, plus about $30 shipping to NJ. BP Utah was the best price I saw on them. I think the cargo mat was $150.

I also forgot you asked about racks. No matter what you decide on for cross bars, you really need the OEM rails. They come in short or long length. You may need the long ones for a cargo basket - I'm not sure.

I picked up a set of the short rails and the OEM cross bars on e-bay, both new in the box from Rover dealers. I leave the cross bars on all the time, but move them back a little from the position they need to be in to carry my Thule box. If I leave them in the forward position, they do make some wind noise. If I move them back, they are quiet.

That said, I don't drive the truck much, and my wife told me that the racks were whistling the other morning when there was frost on the truck. Don't ask me what one has to do with the other, but she hasn't mentioned it since. If she mentions it again, I'll take the cross bars off - it takes 5 minutes to do.

As far as cargo baskets go, I have no experience with them, but I can't imagine that they are quiet.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
So you just bought a $60k truck, but you're concerned about paying $20 or $30 too much for floor mats?

As for the cargo liner and roof basket, have you looked at the accessories that Land Rover offers? They are pretty expert in this department.

nerve64

Reaction score
G fungus, er, gfcronus, it's called spending your money wisely.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
G fungus, er, gfcronus, it's called spending your money wisely.

Yeah, so you make a wise decision on floor mats. Congratulations. Now you're left trying to reconcile that decision with the one that has you kissing away $60k on a Land Rover. Doesn't really add up.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM