Newbie needs info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pickasaurus

Reaction score
Well Gfcronus for one I did not spend $60 grand on this LR4, again I did my research and got a very good deal. But thank you for your constructive criticism (in case you missed it, that is what we call sarcasm.) There is always one person who wants to bring drama to a thread.

Rainmn, thanks, your post was very helpful. I will look into whether I need the full rails or can get by with the short ones. I am looking into a Thule basket and with any luck that will be fairly easy to remove like the cross bars.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, so you make a wise decision on floor mats. Congratulations. Now you're left trying to reconcile that decision with the one that has you kissing away $60k on a Land Rover. Doesn't really add up.

Wow. I was away for awhile and thought you might be sick of spreading negativity around. I am totally wrong. Congrats on the warm welcome you gave to a new user. You're truly an inspiration.

Marty

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
Wow. I was away for awhile and thought you might be sick of spreading negativity around. I am totally wrong. Congrats on the warm welcome you gave to a new user. You're truly an inspiration.

Marty

I only asked what half the people on this board were no doubt thinking. It's not negativity.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Gfcronus for one I did not spend $60 grand on this LR4, again I did my research and got a very good deal. But thank you for your constructive criticism (in case you missed it, that is what we call sarcasm.) There is always one person who wants to bring drama to a thread.

Rainmn, thanks, your post was very helpful. I will look into whether I need the full rails or can get by with the short ones. I am looking into a Thule basket and with any luck that will be fairly easy to remove like the cross bars.

i have the full rails for sale in the classifieds in case you were interested. i also have the thule basket, there should be pix up somewhere. let me know if you have any questions regarding installation.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
Well Gfcronus for one I did not spend $60 grand on this LR4, again I did my research and got a very good deal.

Ok, sorry about that. I figured with taxes, options, accessories, and interest on the financing, etc. the average person would probably wind up spending close to $60K on an LR4 if not more. If you were closer to $50,000 then good for you.

$30/$60,000 = 0.05%

$30/$50,000 = 0.06%

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, sorry about that. I figured with taxes, options, accessories, and interest on the financing, etc. the average person would probably wind up spending close to $60K on an LR4 if not more. If you were closer to $50,000 then good for you.

$30/$60,000 = 0.05%

$30/$50,000 = 0.06%

gfcronus=100% jacka**

That logic is the dumbest thing i've ever heard of. That is basically the same logic as someone that just bought a $500,000 house saying should I buy the $3,000 flatscreen at Best Buy or should I be a smart shopper and get it at Costco for $2,500.

$3,000/$500,000=0.06%
$2,500/$500,000=0.05%

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
gfcronus=100% jacka**

That logic is the dumbest thing i've ever heard of. That is basically the same logic as someone that just bought a $500,000 house saying should I buy the $3,000 flatscreen at Best Buy or should I be a smart shopper and get it at Costco for $2,500.

$3,000/$500,000=0.06%
$2,500/$500,000=0.05%

Yours is the incorrect logic.

My numerators were the same. Denominators were different. You have it backwards, slick. No wonder you can't see it.

BTW, why do you park on the sidewalk?

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yours is the incorrect logic.

My numerators were the same. Denominators were different. You have it backwards, slick. No wonder you can't see it.

BTW, why do you park on the sidewalk?

gfc, not sure what the confusion is here. people buying a 60k car doesn't automatically mean they are big spenders. you should know this well as you are still researching and contemplating your lr4 purchase for a while now. if it was chump change for you, you'd be telling us about your lr4 experience by now.

we are here to help you, and all those on the fence to make that decision. frankly, there's no where else to go where you can obtain good first hand review of this car, let it be praises or woes.

i hope you value this forum as much as we do. and if you do, take part and stop spamming the site with rubbish because this is how good forums die when good information is overwhelmed by crap discussions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635