Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zwyde

Reaction score
Hi there. Recently purchased a 2010 LR4 Discovery 3.0 TDV6 SE. As of 3 days agowWhen I start it up there is a sqeaky rattling noise that I hear quite audibly when I am inside the car that was not there before. The noise is like something is loose or metal is grinding on metal. When I step outside the car, I do not hear the noise. When I rev the engine higher than the idle rev (1000 rpm), the noise seems to disappear and then comes back again when I stop revving the engine.

Any diagnostic assistance will be appreciated.

Zwyde
2010 Landrover Discovery 4 | 3.0 TDV6 SE | 170,000KM

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I would check exhaust heat sheilds.

Mart

Reaction score
I had something similair. It turned out to be the air vent cover on my nearside (passenger) wing (fender). It has previously been removed and wasn't refitted properly.
Next time you hear the noise get someone to hold it in place to see if the rattle stops.
A long shot I know.

zwyde

Reaction score
@Mart and @joey, none of the recommendations seem to have been the issue. I am still getting the squeaky rattling noise. I have attached a sample recording of the noise.

Attachments

• EngineSqeakyRattlingNoise.zip
    940.6 KB · Views: 53

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Almost sounds like a belt tensioner.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads