OEM Brush Bar w/ Winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The post was about the brush bar, pictured above, not the A Frame, which is mostly just for looks and holding lights, if you're into that. Niello (Sacramento) had the non-winch version, which had the bottom bar going all the way across, for $108 a few weeks back. Someone else posted on it.

Yup, Niello still shows the $108 non-winch bar: http://landrover.niello.com/accessories.php?action=details&catalog_id=975&category=59

The A-Frame is still listed at $887 (non-winch) $619 (winch) :eek:

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure wish I could find a killer deal like that on a rear ladder. They are all ~$330 and up, which seems like too much to me. Would appreciate the heads up if anyone hears about a good deal on one. Thanks.

Hanzo

Reaction score
I've got the OEM winch and brush bar on my '08. I had the dealer install it before I got the truck (along with some decent tires) and there were so many adders and subtracters in the deal there is no way of knowing what I actually paid for them.

I work by myself on some pretty primitive "roads" and have used the winch 3 times in a year, I also used it a couple of times to move a utility building on my lot. Compared to the Black Rat recovery winch I had in my '05 it has been wonderful (the Black Rat is great, but it is an amazing amount of work to lift a 6,000 lb vehicle out of a 5 ft ditch in knee deep mud by yourself). The LR3 has gone many places that old timers in the Oil Field said that no vehicle is going to go, they are all amazed at this vehicle. The winch has always been put to use out of sight of the naysayers thank goodness.

David

What Rock slider is that? and is it wide enough to step on to get stuff off the roof?

GrahamWelland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Rock slider is that? and is it wide enough to step on to get stuff off the roof?

They look likie RS Sliders. I have the same one's on my LR3.

Here's another view of the winch/bars.

D3X2267-Edit.jpg

RS Sliders (now replace the original LR side protection bars):

L1100462.jpg

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they're the RS sliders. You can stand on them, but it isn't enough height for me to do much on the roof.

David

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Graham, could you do me a favor?

I'm planning on running a similar setup on my truck but thinking of installing a different Winch. I don't have the wrap around brush bar yet, Could you tell me how much clearnce is between the mounting point on the Winch Tray and the horizontal bar on your wrap around brush bar? I think I need about 8" or so.
Thanks!
Charles

Hanzo

Reaction score
Hey Gramham, Kudos on your rig, I was just admiring it in the Gallery yesterday...what Nitto tires are those? from the tread they look like Dura Grapplers? and what size? Is the overall diameter bigger than OE? do they rub at all? Thanks again for all the info!

Last edited:

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look like Terra Grapplers to me. Even the lettering on the side seems to say that, though not 100% clear.

Hanzo

Reaction score
They look like Terra Grapplers to me. Even the lettering on the side seems to say that, though not 100% clear.

Quite possible, I was looking at the size chart and looks like you have to go up a size to 265, I fear they may rub which Im not a fan of...:)

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quite possible, I was looking at the size chart and looks like you have to go up a size to 265, I fear they may rub which Im not a fan of...:)
The Nitto's are good tires as are the Cooper Zeons... This size doesn't rub... if you're interested in learning more, do a search as there are about a million tire threads on this forum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99