Off-road light / brush guard adapters ready!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dugn8r

Reaction score
I got the first batch of brush guard adapters ready to go... they are a very limited quantity because I want to see how they sell before I produce a lot of these. These came about in another thread - I hated the factory lights on the Land Rover brush guard but they had special mounts that prevent you from mounting any other type of light other than the factory ones. So here's what everything looks like, how they are made and how they are installed.

First, I started with .400 T6061 aircraft aluminum stock. This will not rust and is very strong. I could have used stainless, but it would have been needlessly heavy and would cost much more because of the slower production and increased tooling costs. Because this was a small batch, I busted them out of the bridgeport. Should there be demand for them, I will have to do them on a CNC machine.

Setting up the machine
IMG_1294.jpg

Milling the parts
IMG_1298.jpg

Here are peices I will be supplying with the adapter kit. Two adapters, four 8mm-1.25x30mm hex head zinc bolts, and four 5/8" lock washers. I am supplying the extra bolts because with the increased thickness of the adapter, the factory bolts won't cut it.
IMG_1303.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cummins