Oil and oil change intervals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious what people are planning for oil change intervals, and who will stick with dino oil versus moving to full synthetic. I may switch to Mobil 1 synthetic based on past experience with other vehicles. If I do, I'll probably stick to the 7500 mile interval that LR pays for. If I use the factory supplied Castrol dino oil, I might double the oil change interval (every 3750 miles).

Any thoughts?

jzk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of switching to synthetic at 20,000 miles or so.

T

texas911

I plan on doing an early oil change around 3000 and switching to Mobil One then letting Land Rover change it out for me. I also plan on taking my own oil to the dealer when they do it.

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
texas911 said:
I plan on doing an early oil change around 3000 and switching to Mobil One then letting Land Rover change it out for me. I also plan on taking my own oil to the dealer when they do it.

Exactly where I ended up. A single early oil change, then Mobil 1 every 7500. Unless the vehicle sees tough conditions, I don't think more than every 7500 miles with Mobil 1 will be of any benefit.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
texas911 said:

Make sure they use it, i've heard stories where you bring it in, and they switch the oil, unless you stand and watch them. I doubt it will happen, but you never know. Just be cautious.

F

FriscoKid04

LR uses a blend synth which is good for 7500 miles. Check the owners man and you will see. No point in changing every 3K since LR pays for it anyway for scheduled maintnence.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo