Ok I’m about ready to give up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Discosid

Reaction score
Wipers on my ’94 Disco have been playing up for some time now. The irritation being is that they won’t park when I switch them off and the intermittent like’s to stop halfway across the windshield.
Now I was told that the park switch was on the Motor and it was probably shot. So to be sure I removed the motor and loaded it in to a friends Disco to check, sure enough the motor did the same thing. I have bought 2 used motors that after testing did the same thing 1 of them did'nt work at all.
I now have a motor that is fully functional and I’ve tested it. However still the same problem but with a slight difference when the motor stops on intermittent in the same place right in the middle of the windsheild but now it kind of twitches it also twitches like this after the second operation of the wipers on speed 1 and 2 after I stop them.
Anyone had this? where should I start looking now.
Please no finger pointing at the Relays or MFU I’ve had those check out and all is AOK with those.
Any help would be great
Happy New Year to all

D

discomike

It is time for a new wiper motor, bite the bullet and get past it, you'll feel better the next time it rains.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635