one side of my LR3 had lowered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 LR3 HSE sat lower on the right side. About an 1 1/4" lower then the right. The first time I took it to the dealer they told me that I must have been parking on an uneven surface. I measured it on a couple of level surfaces in access, normal and raised modes and got the same results as above.

I took it back to the dealer and told them my findings. They checked both sensors on the right side and found the right rear sensor to be malfunctioning. They also found a fault code in the car's computer for a sensor failure. They ended up replacing the right rear leveling sensor and now all is good !!

mjm029

Reaction score
I had the dealership do a mjor check of everything on my LR3. They said the computer had no faults and it was failry standard for the vehicle to have up to 1 1/4 inch difference. Since they replaced all they tires I haven't visualy noticed a difference but I will break out the tap measure tonight. I want to call back and chack what sensors they cheacked, maybe they only looked at the fron but I am guessing a fault would have come up on the computer? I need to have my transmission reprogramed as it is skipping gears when I do a rolling stop/don't stop fully then accelarate. I am going to try another dealership this time and see what happens, hopefully I will get better results.

All in all I have had a bunch of problems in the few weeks I have owned the LR3 but I still ove it! I just don't want the dealership to know I am happy!

Xrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the dealership do a mjor check of everything on my LR3. They said the computer had no faults and it was failry standard for the vehicle to have up to 1 1/4 inch difference. Since they replaced all they tires I haven't visualy noticed a difference but I will break out the tap measure tonight. I want to call back and chack what sensors they cheacked, maybe they only looked at the fron but I am guessing a fault would have come up on the computer? I need to have my transmission reprogramed as it is skipping gears when I do a rolling stop/don't stop fully then accelarate. I am going to try another dealership this time and see what happens, hopefully I will get better results.

All in all I have had a bunch of problems in the few weeks I have owned the LR3 but I still ove it! I just don't want the dealership to know I am happy!

Where are you located ? I use Land Rover South Bay in Redondo Beach (So Cal). Tony is my service writer.

mjm029

Reaction score
Land Rover North Houston - I may be making a trip to CA fairly soon just to have this looked at.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My turn. Right front now sits 1" lower than left front. This is consistent in all EAS modes (access, normal, off-road) and stays this way when parked or driving. Annoying to say the least!

Going to make an appt for height sensor replacement. :mad:

Trynian

Reaction score
My turn. Right front now sits 1" lower than left front. This is consistent in all EAS modes (access, normal, off-road) and stays this way when parked or driving. Annoying to say the least!

Going to make an appt for height sensor replacement. :mad:

If it is this way all the time it probably just needs calibration not replacement.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is this way all the time it probably just needs calibration not replacement.
Good point, I had considered this as well and will check with the dealer. Need to wait a week or so due to travel plans, but will post an update when available.

Last edited:

AGConrad

Reaction score
Mine was the same, went in for calibration, screwed it up more as the right rear height sensor was bad. Had to take it back in and have it replaced. Since then, smooth as a whistle and that was 7 months ago.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*Bump*

Can anyone help point me to the internal LR service procedure name or any documentation regarding ride height calibration procedure? My local dealer has no clue what I am talking about when requesting a ride height recalibration. I explained that the right/front sits 1" low. They are clueless.

Going back with a tape measure and a level next time. And a hammer if necesary ;)

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*Bump*

Can anyone help point me to the internal LR service procedure name or any documentation regarding ride height calibration procedure? My local dealer has no clue what I am talking about when requesting a ride height recalibration. I explained that the right/front sits 1" low. They are clueless.

Going back with a tape measure and a level next time. And a hammer if necesary ;)

I've had the procedure done at Bennett Landrover in Allentown. They insisted it be done before they did the alignment. It ran about $100. I don't think you are terribly far from them might be worth a road trip or a phone call at least, maybe there is a service code they can help you out with.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge