Opinions on color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having a tough time deciding on a color. I do know I wan tot go with the black design package. I also know I do not want a dark color (black, green, blue). My wife has vetoed Fuji White. No big deal, not really my preference.

Personally, I really want Firenze Red, but my wife is vetoing that as well.

Also, since we are going with a Lux, we are going with the Arabica interior, so keep that in mind.

We have narrowed it down to (no particular order):

1) Ipanema Sand
2) Nara Bronze
3) Indus Silver
4) Orkney Gray

My preference is to have a color with good contrast with the black design package. That makes Nara a bit too dark. The most contrast would come from sand or silver, though the grey is not very dark.

I like the Desert Storm vibe of sand, but friends point out (and I've wondered the same) that sand is a bit boring and Camry-esque.

Thoughts?

Attached are LandRoverUSA.com's renderings.

Attachments

• Grey Black.jpg
    Grey Black.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 64
  • Silver Black.jpg
    Silver Black.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Nara Black.jpg
    Nara Black.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Sand Black.jpg
    Sand Black.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 59

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why not Fuji? Fuji gives the most contrast with the lux privacy glass windows and is the only solid non-metalic/flake color, making it cheaper to fix and easier to paint match. That was/is an important factor for me since I plan to own it for a long time and I think it will have a rough life. :D

The only color my wife didnt care for was black, and I agree since it hides the windows and makes the back look like a van.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new 2013 HSE Lux that I just picked up last Saturday is Fuji White, black design package, with Arabica interior. I also struggled with various colors - thought about the Firenze Red, Aintree Green, and Orkney Grey. In the end, I had the same thoughts as mbw mentions above, as I like the color contrast of the black pack with the Fuji White and plan to keep it long term - it does a great job hiding scratches!

With that said, I also really liked my 2011 Nara Bronze in which I created my own black design package - it really looked sharp. Take a look at the photos I have posted on the forum for more pictures of what it looks like. Of the colors you present, I like Orkney Grey the best with the black design package. The sand and silver look nice with black, but just not my preference. I am burnt out from those color cars since my last few cars before Land Rover were sand and silver.

Sorry the wife vetoed Firenze Red - it's pretty darn awesome, but it's a LOT of red and bright. Maybe I can have my wife give her a call and persuade her to let you make the decision. She can be very convincing in her argument that men should decide such things. :) My friends all hate me (they are jealous).

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why not Fuji? Fuji gives the most contrast with the lux privacy glass windows and is the only solid non-metalic/flake color, making it cheaper to fix and easier to paint match. That was/is an important factor for me since I plan to own it for a long time and I think it will have a rough life. :D

The only color my wife didnt care for was black, and I agree since it hides the windows and makes the back look like a van.
You know, I really like the black on black, but it does look a bit like a mini van because of the lack of contrast. I have been away since I picked up my 2013, but the Fuji White is still growing on me - it's a lot of white, but when I get my accessories installed it will look might sweet. That's happening this coming Saturday. Right now my truck looks so darn *****.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a ton of Fuji white everywhere, so the best deal is probably to be had on one of those. Can't go wrong with Indus silver or Orkney, IMO Also, the shades of silver will have the best resale value in the long run

JMC08

Reaction score
Orkney grey and Ipanema Sand are both very nice looking on the LR4. Cant go wrong with either. After our house remodel finishes up later in the next few months, we are wanting to place an order for an LR4 (to compliment our Range Rover). We would like to go with the Marmaris Teal. Very unique, rare and we think it looks fantastic on the LR4. We will not be doing the black pack, but will be choosing the silver/black 20" 5-spoke wheels.

Last edited:

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It's a lot of white and pretty common up here, but primarily I don't lie white winter cars in the snowy north. Also from my previous white Boxster I know it's a tough color to keep clean.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are so many opinions about color, it's tough. Ultimately, you have to pick the color that you like best and fits your needs.

In reality, ALL of the colors look great on the LR4! :)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Orkney grey and Ipanema Sand are both very nice looking on the LR4. Cant go wrong with either. After our house remodel finishes up later in the next few months, we are wanting to place an order for an LR4 (to compliment our Range Rover). We would like to go with the Marmaris Teal. Very unique, rare and we think it looks fantastic on the LR4. We will not be doing the black pack, but will be choosing the silver/black 20" 5-spoke wheels.
I can't wait to see photos of the Marmaris Teal - it is definitely one of the most unique colors out there! I saw one in person and it was pretty cool - definitely a niche color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM