Opinions on color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They probably removed the Coopers because they ride noisier than street tires, and you want as little road noise as possible when you take a potential customer for a test drive. Especially when they are asked to shell out 52 grands.
That's a great point. I know he told me the GM wanted them, but more likely they want to give a smooth ride for potential customers - especially considering all the other stuff on it that might be noisy.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$800 to switch tires? Geez. I'm in the wrong business!
I think your truck has lots of appeal to attract either a person who thinks it looks cool in a manly off-roading way who's idea of going off roading is to drive in a construction zone or an beginner enthusiast. Regardless it is not a bad starting price. BTW, I copied a pic of your old truck as along term project. You did awesome. What is that saying? Imitation is the highest form of flattery?
Thanks so much! :) Let me know if you have any questions along the way....The only component I did not have was the black door handles.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for umbertob or anyone who knows...

When you order the Arabica Lux interior, what color is the third row of seats? Also, what color is the back of the 2nd row seats and the cargo floor (the back of the 3rd row)? Are they almond, or something a bit darker?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The face of the third row seats and headrests is an Arabica leatherette. The back of 2nd / 3rd rows is the same color and fabric of the carpet in the rest of the car... No idea what color that is, perhaps they call it nutmeg? I assume that's the same color in any LR4 out there.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The face of the third row seats and headrests is an Arabica leatherette.

I see. Makes sense not to make the way back seats in fine leather.

The back of 2nd / 3rd rows is the same color and fabric of the carpet in the rest of the car... No idea what color that is, perhaps they call it nutmeg? I assume that's the same color in any LR4 out there.

I see. So it's the same color as the full almond interior?

I ask because I have always been partial to black interiors, but I hate that my yellow lab makes even one stray dog hair stick out. A tan-ish interior can at least make the car look half decent without fully vacuuming every last hair. For this reason I need the basic color to be tan. The seats themselves being dark work out great because they hide marks and other kid-related issues better.

Thanks for your help!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see. Makes sense not to make the way back seats in fine leather.

I see. So it's the same color as the full almond interior?

I ask because I have always been partial to black interiors, but I hate that my yellow lab makes even one stray dog hair stick out. A tan-ish interior can at least make the car look half decent without fully vacuuming every last hair. For this reason I need the basic color to be tan. The seats themselves being dark work out great because they hide marks and other kid-related issues better.

Thanks for your help!
Hey Quijote,

Yes, the back of the 2nd and 3rd row seating (and the cargo area) is the same color as the full almond interior. My dogs are both fawn/reddish color and I know what you mean about their fur on dark interior. My last dark interior was my ML and man it was annoying. I can tell you the almond (or whatever color it is) does a great job hiding fawn/yellow dog hair.

I really love the Arabica seats and the overall color scheme - goes very nicely!

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Quijote,

Yes, the back of the 2nd and 3rd row seating (and the cargo area) is the same color as the full almond interior. My dogs are both fawn/reddish color and I know what you mean about their fur on dark interior. My last dark interior was my ML and man it was annoying. I can tell you the almond (or whatever color it is) does a great job hiding fawn/yellow dog hair.

I really love the Arabica seats and the overall color scheme - goes very nicely!

Sweet. Great to hear. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM