Opinions on color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stopped by again. Took some pictures but left them at the home PC. Dealer has two 2013 Corris gray LR4's.

Also, I think I am settling on Orkney. The Indus is almost too light/bright with not enough life. Even white was more attitude than silver.

Orkney is darker than I would want, but it does look aggressive and sporty. I think it works a bit better with the interior too.
I really like the Orkney, as it's a color that is just dark enough to look sporty and rugged, but light enough to look great with the black design package. It was on my list, for sure, but my last few cars (before the Nara Bronze LR4) were a similar shade. I also think that grey goes well with the ebony interior - absolutely.

Can't wait to see what you decide!

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the Orkney, as it's a color that is just dark enough to look sporty and rugged, but light enough to look great with the black design package. It was on my list, for sure, but my last few cars (before the Nara Bronze LR4) were a similar shade. I also think that grey goes well with the ebony interior - absolutely.

Can't wait to see what you decide!

Well, the local dealer has an Orkney Gray LR4 (no blk pkg, non-lux) in the showroom with the almond interior (which has arabica accents on dash and doors) ans I felt that looked great. We plan on getting the LUX Arabica/almond interior, but I think that will work as well despite the darker seats.

JMC08

Reaction score
I was at our dealer last Saturday to purchase our new 13 RR Sport. While there, I noticed they had a Corris Grey LR4 sitting out back still waiting to be checked in as it had the white plastic all over it still. From what I could see, it looked sharp.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! It's funny, you are going from white to Nara Bronze and I went from Nara Bronze to white.

I know! I have to admit, I love the white, real easy to maintain and very forgiving to dirt and minor scratches. But I was ready for a color change. I keep looking at your old truck with all the black trims and it is inspiring! I am still concerned about the light interior so I am looking into leather treatments. Blue jean marks worry me.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know! I have to admit, I love the white, real easy to maintain and very forgiving to dirt and minor scratches. But I was ready for a color change. I keep looking at your old truck with all the black trims and it is inspiring! I am still concerned about the light interior so I am looking into leather treatments. Blue jean marks worry me.
I think I posted this before, but my old truck is currently for sale - for a lot of money! Crazy! It looks like they took off the Cooper Zeon LTZs and put on some street tires. I heard from my sales guy that there are a lot of people interested, but the GM has been driving it around himself. Haha!

http://www.landroversj.com/2011-Land-Rover-LR4-HSE-San-Jose-CA/vd/15206005

I definitely love the Nara Bronze with the black trim - looks very rugged and nice. I kind of miss it, but also enjoying the white. I actually don't care for the white as much with the silver trim, but it has a different look with the black design package. I have never had a white vehicle, so I am hoping it doesn't get boring to me. I am getting a few accessories installed on Saturday (roof rack, sliders with steps, and ladder), so that will make it look less *****. Next week I am having the Coopers installed.

Your new LR4 has the same interior as my old truck. I don't wear blue jeans ever, but I will say my belt did make a mark on the seat that took me forever to scrub away. It was still faint even after doing almost everything to the seat. Overall, except for new blue jeans and leather belts, the seats are pretty easy to keep clean. After 2.5 years, mine looked brand new (though I had the HSE version). I used the Zymol leather cleaner and conditioner at least once per month. I also have the Land Rover front seat covers for when I would go off roading or on a trip - just to protect the seats a bit.

I hope that helps!

-David

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I posted this before, but my old truck is currently for sale - for a lot of money! Crazy! It looks like they took off the Cooper Zeon LTZs and put on some street tires. I heard from my sales guy that there are a lot of people interested, but the GM has been driving it around himself. Haha!

http://www.landroversj.com/2011-Land-Rover-LR4-HSE-San-Jose-CA/vd/15206005

I definitely love the Nara Bronze with the black trim - looks very rugged and nice. I kind of miss it, but also enjoying the white. I actually don't care for the white as much with the silver trim, but it has a different look with the black design package. I have never had a white vehicle, so I am hoping it doesn't get boring to me. I am getting a few accessories installed on Saturday (roof rack, sliders with steps, and ladder), so that will make it look less *****. Next week I am having the Coopers installed.

Your new LR4 has the same interior as my old truck. I don't wear blue jeans ever, but I will say my belt did make a mark on the seat that took me forever to scrub away. It was still faint even after doing almost everything to the seat. Overall, except for new blue jeans and leather belts, the seats are pretty easy to keep clean. After 2.5 years, mine looked brand new (though I had the HSE version). I used the Zymol leather cleaner and conditioner at least once per month. I also have the Land Rover front seat covers for when I would go off roading or on a trip - just to protect the seats a bit.

I hope that helps!

-David

Yes! Thanks for the info!
I got $40,000.00 for my 2010 LR4. I cant wait to see how much they ask for it. The way I see it, I am happy for what I got and I hope they get as much as they can for it. If I thought that selling cars was easy I will do it for a living.
Were the tires on your truck worn at all? Or is somebody driving nice tires for free? Geez, they went for real cheap tires!!! Those Hankook make the Conti's a great choice!!! The Coopers are a tough roughed looking tire. But the way your old truck looks the new tires look kind of wimpy. I got those damn Pirellis Scorpion on my truck. Nice soft tire for road driving which is what I do. But I had them on my wife's Volvo XC90 a few cars back and all I got was 16000 miles out of them.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes! Thanks for the info!
I got $40,000.00 for my 2010 LR4. I cant wait to see how much they ask for it. The way I see it, I am happy for what I got and I hope they get as much as they can for it. If I thought that selling cars was easy I will do it for a living.
Were the tires on your truck worn at all? Or is somebody driving nice tires for free? Geez, they went for real cheap tires!!! Those Hankook make the Conti's a great choice!!! The Coopers are a tough roughed looking tire. But the way your old truck looks the new tires look kind of wimpy. I got those damn Pirellis Scorpion on my truck. Nice soft tire for road driving which is what I do. But I had them on my wife's Volvo XC90 a few cars back and all I got was 16000 miles out of them.
Nope, the tires were not worn - they had about 8,000 miles on them and still looked new. I have even been off road with them about 6 times with no problems. As far as the 19" wheel option, the Cooper Zeon LTZs are definitely the most rugged/capable choice. I personally think they removed the tires so the GM could put them on his Range Rover Sport and then replaced them with the Hankooks.

Originally, I was planning to have the dealership switch over my tires so I could keep the Coopers, but they said that service would need to get involved and may not be able to work it into the deal. They wanted to charge close to $800 for the switch out - so I said no way and kept the stock Contis on my new 2013. It worked out great because they ended up making up for it in my trade, so I just paid the $800 something (without shipping) for four (4) new Cooper tires. The tires arrived last Friday, but going to have them installed next week. Also, I already sold my basically brand new Contis to a friend of mine who needs new tires for his Range Rover (same 255/55/R19 tire). So, in the end, it all worked out great.

I agree, my old LR4 looks kind of weird with the Hankooks - oh well, likely someone will buy them and not even notice the tire. I doubt they will sell it to someone who is an enthusiast (though maybe?). I just can't wait to get my Coopers on my current LR4 and the accessories. So far I have only been able to install my front skid plate.

-David

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They probably removed the Coopers because they ride noisier than street tires, and you want as little road noise as possible when you take a potential customer for a test drive. Especially when they are asked to shell out 52 grands.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, the tires were not worn - they had about 8,000 miles on them and still looked new. I have even been off road with them about 6 times with no problems. As far as the 19" wheel option, the Cooper Zeon LTZs are definitely the most rugged/capable choice. I personally think they removed the tires so the GM could put them on his Range Rover Sport and then replaced them with the Hankooks.

Originally, I was planning to have the dealership switch over my tires so I could keep the Coopers, but they said that service would need to get involved and may not be able to work it into the deal. They wanted to charge close to $800 for the switch out - so I said no way and kept the stock Contis on my new 2013. It worked out great because they ended up making up for it in my trade, so I just paid the $800 something (without shipping) for four (4) new Cooper tires. The tires arrived last Friday, but going to have them installed next week. Also, I already sold my basically brand new Contis to a friend of mine who needs new tires for his Range Rover (same 255/55/R19 tire). So, in the end, it all worked out great.

I agree, my old LR4 looks kind of weird with the Hankooks - oh well, likely someone will buy them and not even notice the tire. I doubt they will sell it to someone who is an enthusiast (though maybe?). I just can't wait to get my Coopers on my current LR4 and the accessories. So far I have only been able to install my front skid plate.

-David

$800 to switch tires? Geez. I'm in the wrong business!
I think your truck has lots of appeal to attract either a person who thinks it looks cool in a manly off-roading way who's idea of going off roading is to drive in a construction zone or an beginner enthusiast. Regardless it is not a bad starting price. BTW, I copied a pic of your old truck as along term project. You did awesome. What is that saying? Imitation is the highest form of flattery?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM