OT: Ford doing away with v8 on F150 in 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off topic, I just read an article that Ford announced that they will do away with the V8 in their F150 line along with going with a unibody construction in 2015. That is huge given how popular that truck is and the seemingly popular direction of turbo charging v6's nowadays. I wonder how much Ford and LR still talk and whether any of this propagated to LR and their decision with V6 on the RR and 2014 LR4.

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/..._ford_f_150_going_unibody_for_2015/index.html

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F150 Unibody? maybe for the low end 2wd? I wonder if they are doing something 'odd' or different to allow it to be abused and tow more than it should (because I know a lot of F150 owners who abuse the crap out of them).

They will have image issues with this move I assume. Especially if all the competition is still body on frame. Whenever this conversation comes up now though, Unibody, body on frame, etc... I can say "I have both!". (That conversation comes up in Iowa probably more than a lot of places. Probably half the vehicles on the road are larger than my LR4)

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unibody F-series? Geez... what is this world coming to.

I screamed and yelled when I heard that LR was putting their economy V6 in the RR... I even cried.

But after reading that not only Ford will be dropping V8s, but many others are to following. Mercedes for one is ending production of their TTV8 for their 550s, and replacing it with a TTV6. But, the TTV6 will still have 450 plus hp... unlike LR putting in a 340 hp V6 in their lineup.

The world isn't changing, it has changed. And the V8s are on their way out. Kind of sad...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM