Owned a 02 Freelander for 2 weeks, dozens of problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onthedot

Reaction score
I should have done some research on Land Rovers I guess. I'm having tons of problems. Has anyone figured these out? My car has 78k miles on it.

1) The most disturbing problem is I'll be sitting at a stop and the engine will suddenly rev and the car lunges forward. The brake will barely hold the vehicle, and if I put it in neutral to prevent the lunging forward, it revs to about 4k RPM. It's happened three times, and the first two nearly caused accidents.

2) Three windows have gone out (both rear windows, and the back window). Are there any aftermarket parts that work? Anyone convert the windows to something reliable, like a Toyota assembly or something?

3) Sunroof buzzes when trying to open, which I've heard might be a stripped gear, requiring repair by removing the headliner and all. Is there a simpler solution? It will pop up, but will not open all the way.

4) I'm only getting about 20mpg on the highway, driving like an old lady. Is this normal? If not, any solutions that might help?

There are many other problems, but I'll stop there. Thanks for any help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM