P0442 code and CEL - 2012 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiscoLR4

Reaction score
I wanted to do a smoke test, but all how to articles/videos seem to suggest it's a frustrating exercise. Can you suggest a good test on Amazon? Can't seem to find any cheap and good.

Btw, I have a 15MY LR4 - where is the purge valve on this? I don't have a service manual -that would have helped. Just can't seem to find it.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to do a smoke test, but all how to articles/videos seem to suggest it's a frustrating exercise. Can you suggest a good test on Amazon? Can't seem to find any cheap and good.

Btw, I have a 15MY LR4 - where is the purge valve on this? I don't have a service manual -that would have helped. Just can't seem to find it.
Pull off the engine cover and the intake duct un clip the little hose that goes into the front of the intake manifold on the drivers side, cover the connector holes with your fingers and blow into it. If it’s not shut then your probably looking at a new purge valve. Happened to me about a year ago. Another common symptom of the purge valve on these 5.0L is if it doesn’t seem to start right the first start after filling up a tank. If the gas cap doesn’t work and the purge valve is shut then it’s probably DTML pump.

DiscoLR4

Reaction score
Thanks @Jimmy Brooks. Mine is the 3L SCV6 engine, and I'm not facing the start issue, just CEL popping up with small Evap leak code. Do your directions apply up my model year as well?

DiscoLR4

Reaction score
Hi guys, wanted to give an update. Chasing down the small EVAP leak still. Recently did my coolant pipe replacements - replaced the gas cap and Purge Valve. But the CEL is back with the P0442 code.

Next up is the DTML pump. Any idea what's the procedure for this and part number for a 2015MY LR4?

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, wanted to give an update. Chasing down the small EVAP leak still. Recently did my coolant pipe replacements - replaced the gas cap and Purge Valve. But the CEL is back with the P0442 code.

Next up is the DTML pump. Any idea what's the procedure for this and part number for a 2015MY LR4?
Smoke it, don’t keep wasting money.

DMTL is easy, drop the spare tire and you can get to it. It’s not hard just annoying. An hour job.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV