panman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panman

Reaction score
Bit of a background: 1995 Disco1, 149k miles, runs ok except for the price of gas. problems pop up ever so often, last major repair was broken catalytic converter (very loud), there are some leak but my garage thinks it is just normal for LRs I love driving my machine, it has a sort of aura about it. I do want to upgrade the original radio, very loud craking sounds on AM, FM is ok but the sensitivity is fading badly. I have metal ant, do you think I should switch to a rubber ducky and new radio?

bleizit

Reaction score
There are a number of options... You can go with an aftermarket headunit with a kit allowing your dash switches to continue working. The subs in the back really aren't subs, so don't replace them expecting much. I decided to go Sirius with a direct FM hookup wired into the antena. I also replaced the door speakers and added a real sub/amp combo that I remove when off-road. Nicest and cheapest option out there I could find!

panman

Reaction score
thanks for the info, I did go to a local radio head and he wanted to 3hrs, $350 to pull the old radio and interface cable for a new one.
what about the mud flaps, I ordered some new ones and those bolts and funny washer???? what in the world tool do you use for those. thanks for your reply

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge