Parking Brake Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if this happened to anybody....

While I was driving yesterday, parking brake light started blinking and this message showed up in dashboard:

"Parking Brake Off Lift Switch To Apply"

So I stopped, applied parking brake and released it and it went away. Then it happened again on the way home.

It happened once before and at that time, I turned off engine and restarted and it went away.

Now it happened 3 times, is it something I have to worry about? Thanks for your help, guys.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never even heard of that one. It seems stupid to display such a message as it should be intuitively obvious that the parking brake is not applied considering that you were rolling down the road. Plus if the LR3 indicates when the parking brake IS applied (which it does) then why indicate when it is not.

That sounds bizarre...

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes i have had that happen. I believe it is to signal to u that it is in the manual release mode. I beleive both times it happened to me was after some washboard road. The entire module failed about six months later. Since replacing it six months ago i havent had another failure..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635