Popping off the front grill..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

threeputt

You probably already noticed this, but I thought it was cool enough to post about. I obliterated a bird the other day and he made quite the mess in my front grill. I grabbed my tools to take it off, and noticed you don't need any. It pops right off: cleaned up the mess off the grill and radiator, then took the grill in the house with me to put 3 coats of wax on it while I watched a game on TV. Been meaning to do that anyway before lovebug season this year...that grill is a friggin splatter magnet.

Jeff

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I missed it. Where do I find the pictures?

T

threeputt

I didn't take any pictures, although I probably should have. As to the grill, when you open the hood, sorry, bonnet :), there are plastic tabs that flex back and the grill pops right off.

Jeff

sydeem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that's a good piece of information to log away. Thanks for the clue.

D

dronedog

Grill removal is in the manual under replacing the headlight bulbs i believe.
removing bugs, i started buying wheel cleaner that is safe for painted wheels. when i clean the wheels, i spray the front bumper and grill. the bugs seem to come right off when i wash. just let it sit a little and then wash down with the mitt.
works for me anyway
the dog

C

captgww

I foud that using a good wheel cleaner will also remove road tar. Still takes elbow grease but better than spirits that might harm the finish.

S

schafari

I involuntarily cringed when I read you guys are using wheel cleaner on your normal painted parts. Wheel cleaner, even those safe for clear coated/painted wheels have specific formulation to be tough enough to remove brake dust and the like. No wonder bugs come right off your grill and bumper. . .

I wonder if there is any ill effects from using this on painted plastic/rubber as opposed to a painted alloy (metal) wheel? It seems like this strong of a cleaner as a regular course of action, might not be the best plan. At the very least, it would seem that it would strip you wax.

If you have having problems getting bugs off, a good quality wax might help a ton. Much harder for road debris to stick to a good quality waxed surface.

F

Freeflytim

Headlights also pop out easy. just don't drop 'em!! and if you got xenons, don't go near them when they are on.

S

schafari

True about the headlights. It takes nothing to pop them out. I was amazed how instantly and easily the grill and lights popped out. I also removed the front bumper cover. That was somewhat easy as well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9