Possible to add Bluetooth audio to MY2010?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icfantv

Reaction score
The 2010 LR4 has bluetooth hands-free for a phone, but the audio still needs to go through the auxiliary USB port in the armrest. Unfortunately I think Apple's iOS 5 or 6 broke the car's ability to read the music and so the port is really just good for charging at this point.

I could get a headphone to RCA (L/R audio) cable and just plug it in where the rear entertainment center is, but was hoping there was an alternative.

Does anyone know if it's possible (either via LR or a third party, e.g., Car Toys [in the US]) to add bluetooth audio to a 2010 LR4?

Thanks,

--adam

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i posted this adapter in another thread but here is your best solution:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ML-D100-Blu...P3_Player_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3cd265a9d0

You plug it into the LR iphone 4 cable, and u will see ML-D100 show up on the screen. Pair your phone with ML-D100 and u can control the music from the iphone. You do lose the ability to navigate through music on the nav screen but that was annoying anyways.

But for the record, as long as you use apples 30pin to lightening the iphone 5 will work ... im using iOS 7 and it still works. Just can't use the china knock offs.

icfantv

Reaction score
Thanks @umbertob, I will check that out.

@agarabaghi, I'm at work now so I can't confirm, but have you tried using the Auris with it? It looks like it's the same type of thing, i.e., BT transmitter.

I have one at home for my Bose dock and it works great.

Last edited:

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing I think... I haven't heard of the one you mentioned...

icfantv

Reaction score
It was a Kickstarter project from last October. I'll check mine out in my car before going down any other road. Thanks all.

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from the looks of it, it should work just the same, also looks like it would give you the option to add a headphone jack (not sure why) but looks nice.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to use the CoolStream but the system give error that it can read it.. Guess I'll try the D100 as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9