Post Off Road Clean Up (mud!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Earing2008

Reaction score
I too use Simple Green in the engine bay followed up with a pressure washer. I took off the center engine cover and left the battery/electronics cover on. I pre-sprayed the engine (when cool btw) with water and then sprayed the simple green and as mentioned above let it soak for a few minutes. Then I just came back with the pressure washer taking care not to get the nozzle to close to any wiring harness. Basically I kept it 12"+ away and the results were awsome. I had a lot of salt residue and dirt from winter and it really took care of it. Just for good measure I take an air wand aftward to blow out any pockets of water such as on the intake manifold. Hope this helps.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually look for more mud ;) living on a dirt road, having a clean car is impossible.
Hahaha :) I actually don't mind my truck muddy, but I want to make sure I clean up the mud that could potentially cause issues. I am most interested in cleaning it now because I am turning it back into the dealership! :)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too use Simple Green in the engine bay followed up with a pressure washer. I took off the center engine cover and left the battery/electronics cover on. I pre-sprayed the engine (when cool btw) with water and then sprayed the simple green and as mentioned above let it soak for a few minutes. Then I just came back with the pressure washer taking care not to get the nozzle to close to any wiring harness. Basically I kept it 12"+ away and the results were awsome. I had a lot of salt residue and dirt from winter and it really took care of it. Just for good measure I take an air wand aftward to blow out any pockets of water such as on the intake manifold. Hope this helps.
Very helpful! Thanks so much!

Regards, David

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta love the nice NARROW mud tires... Those guys know how to do it...

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after going off-road a few times and washing my truck as well as I could (mud all the way to the second door seal) I decided today to wash the engine bay...
Results... Nothing was actually washed. Just read this thread and I guess I need to look for simple green as I do not have access to a steamer.
As I live in Cambridge, MA my only option is street parking so can I use simple green on a hot engine as I can only wash it at a car wash?
Any other advise would be welcome, the engine bay is really dirty.

Just checked the simple green website, there are so many different versions of this product. Which one is the one to get to clean the engine?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after going off-road a few times and washing my truck as well as I could (mud all the way to the second door seal) I decided today to wash the engine bay...
Results... Nothing was actually washed. Just read this thread and I guess I need to look for simple green as I do not have access to a steamer.
As I live in Cambridge, MA my only option is street parking so can I use simple green on a hot engine as I can only wash it at a car wash?
Any other advise would be welcome, the engine bay is really dirty.

Just checked the simple green website, there are so many different versions of this product. Which one is the one to get to clean the engine?

the purple one works great since it has a degreaser. I think it is called purple power. The standard version of simple green also works fine. try to find a self serve car wash with the power washers, that way you can power wash the engine bay after a good spray of simple green. you do not need a steamer.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the purple one works great since it has a degreaser. I think it is called purple power. The standard version of simple green also works fine. try to find a self serve car wash with the power washers, that way you can power wash the engine bay after a good spray of simple green. you do not need a steamer.

Thank you Baobay. I will look for some. I might have to order it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635