Post Off Road Clean Up (mud!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am wondering what some of you do to clean up the mud on your LR4 post-wheeling? I take it pretty easy, but sometimes it is hard to avoid the mud. I typically use a high pressure hose and wash away as much as I can and then with low pressure carefully spray the engine bay and then let it run for a little while.

It's been two weeks since I last went off-roading and the exterior of my car looks clean, but there is still mud residue in various places - just can't seem to get it off.

Also, I want to give it a good cleaning before turning it back into the dealership next month, so I found a good detail shop. Anything I can do to get started on the cleanup - especially the engine bay!

mud_zps3e7088b3.jpg

HikeNbike

Reaction score
next time it rains, hit every puddle you see and that will take care of the underside!!!!

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the engine bay, I use a steamer to clean it. Under carriage, you need to get your rainwear on and lay on the ground with a high pressure hose.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've also been toying with spraying my undercarriage with Ultra Ever Dry.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the engine bay, I use a steamer to clean it. Under carriage, you need to get your rainwear on and lay on the ground with a high pressure hose.
I think the steam cleaning method is what my local detail shop uses for the engine bay.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a pressure washer to wash my cars. I use the 40 degree nossle. Works great for getting mud and grime out of the wheel wells and uder carriage. I spray the engine compartment with simple green and let that sit for a few minutes before pressure washing it. comes out like new!!!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a pressure washer to wash my cars. I use the 40 degree nossle. Works great for getting mud and grime out of the wheel wells and uder carriage. I spray the engine compartment with simple green and let that sit for a few minutes before pressure washing it. comes out like new!!!
Hey baobay! Nice to hear from you.

So, you pressure wash your engine bay? I have used simple green on my wheels and it works great. Any special instructions on spraying the simple green in the engine bay? I mean do you just give everything a spray or careful about certain things that come to mind (electical, etc.)? I assume you spray the engine while it is off and then after let it run awhile?

Sorry for all the questions! :)

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually look for more mud ;) living on a dirt road, having a clean car is impossible.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635