Powder Coating 19" Wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I found some 19" RR wheels on craiglist in excellent condition and was thinking of buying them (great deal), having them powder coated black, and fitting my current 255/55/R19 tires on them. The wheels currently have the same size tires on them, so I know they will fit. I plan to store my stock wheels for now and will put them back on down the line if I get a new LR. Has anyone done this? Any comments or suggestions? I'm trying to get as much advice as I can before I pull the trigger.

Thanks so much!

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,
I love the powder coated look, but I just cannot see myself dumping a few hundred bills on a leased car. I thought about doing that but I cannot justify it in my case bc I am leasing. I thinik it will look great!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,
I love the powder coated look, but I just cannot see myself dumping a few hundred bills on a leased car. I thought about doing that but I cannot justify it in my case bc I am leasing. I thinik it will look great!
Hey George,

I hear ya, but I can always sell the wheels later. I also like the fact that I won't care if the rims get scratched up if I go off-roading. I'm in the same boat as you, but may just end up keeping it. I am going back and forth on this and just not sure.

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey David,
if money is not an issue, go for it. I think the rims will look great. I think the powder coated rims will look great on my white LR4. The contrast will be very nice, but since it is a lease and I do not plan on keeping it I am not going for it...If you do it, please let me know how much the powder coating process cost.
Thanks,
George

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey David,
if money is not an issue, go for it. I think the rims will look great. I think the powder coated rims will look great on my white LR4. The contrast will be very nice, but since it is a lease and I do not plan on keeping it I am not going for it...If you do it, please let me know how much the powder coating process cost.
Thanks,
George
Definitely! Even if I dump it in 2 years (like you say), then I will put the stock rims back on and sell the powder-coated wheels. I will keep you posted on the prices... I'm still figuring out if I am going to pull the trigger.

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112