Power Supply Distribution Box/Gateway Module - Eco Stop/Start - Help Understanding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I noticed when the small battery went on mine was that if you stop the car when it’s in drive the gear selector didn’t return to park and retract. Replace the battery and bingo it works. (Officially Land Rover quirk 78)
So it may be that we can gauge the healthiness of our beloved stop start battery by the gear selector, well at least on my car.

Anyone else notice this?

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently swapped out my dead Aux battery as my ECO Amber had been on for sometime. I went with the motorcycle post terminal variety from Battery Sharks for $40. After installation, my ECO amber is no longer on AND my ECO system doesn't not work. I did not perform a BMS reset. I'm considering this a win, regardless of ECO non-functionality.

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, and information only, our stop/start has not worked in years. We bought truck in 19, dealer replaced aux battery under warranty. Start/Stop worked for several months then quit. Has not worked since. Light is on dash.

I have left it alone as I really don’t like that feature, as shutting a hot engine off and back on causes to much heat deviation??

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm more worried about wear and tear on the starter when the ECO feature is working than about anything else. Just seems like a bad idea.