Purchased a Land Rover this weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Doss

Purchased it this weekend from a starving musician, LOL
It is a 1997 Discovery SE7, Black in color.
I really like the vehicle so far.
To my knowledge it seems that almost all the bells and whistles work.
The passenger seat doesn’t heat up and the rear window washer doesn’t spray, but I hear the pump working. I can fix both of those I think.
It has 119k on the odometer, but appears to have been maintained. He has receipts for basic service.
It has Michelins on it, so that tells me he didn’t cut corners.

This is a vehicle I have always liked. I have my daily driver and this will be rested for weekend duty.

Please hook me up with anything I need to know, Do’s Don’ts, must have’s etc.

Thanks

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Michelins are, IIRC, the OEM tire on that vintage of Disco.

Saw your post re: towing and the breather hose, glad to see you're already putting your head under the hood! :biggrin:

When you tie that hose down, unhook the valve cover end and turn the hose upside down (so it looks vaguely like a funnel into the intake plenum). Start the engine. Slowly pour a bottle of SeaFoam into that hose, trying to keep the engine from stopping. Eventually the engine will stop, or you'll empty the bottle. Switch off the engine and wait 30-60 minutes. Restart the engine and drive like hell until the smoke clears. The SeaFoam will clean out your injectors and combustion chamber, and should take care of any little ticking sounds you have.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board, and follow Moose's advise...

D

Doss

Thanks guys, I thought you guys were joking about the sea foam till I read the 5 page thread about it.
I will pick up a can before I put those clamps on.
Thanks again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99