Radio Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

omega0407

Reaction score
HI!
GUYS!
I HAVE A LITTLE PROBLEM WITH MY RADIO, WHEN I TURNING ON I CAN SEE THE RADIO ON BUT I CAN'T LISTEN ANYTHING.
CUOLD ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM
THNK YOU!:albertein

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
check your fuses... I believe (I could be wrong) check fuse #3, #12 and #13 IIRC.

crownaviation

Reaction score
Lots of Discos out there are prone to water leaks in the windshield, sunroof and roof rack areas. Water has its way of finding electrical components! My disco has an amplifier under the right side kick panel. Located behind the golve box area bolted on the lower right side A pillar (where lots of leaks evidently like to flow). I think there is a 7.5 amp fuse in the factory unit. Check that and the connector for corrosion. If this amp is out or unplugged it will do what you described.

** as posted above by Joey, always always check the fuse boxes first before doing any other kind of exploritory surgery!!!

If you take power away from the receiver, you will need your stereo security code handy or it will be of less use to you than it is now (you don't even get to change the station!).

Last edited:

omega0407

Reaction score
My car is a DI,97 automatic.
crownaviation.
already I check the fuses and are ok.
I going to try what you say
thank you.

Reaction score
It doesn't perchance require a code to be entered into the front panel? No code - no sound.

omega0407

Reaction score
I have the code.
the code is not the problem, I can turning on but not sound

fire1427

Reaction score
the factory system has an outboard amp located under the seat ... I'd guess that you lost the amp causing no sound or the fuse feeding it power

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635