Range Rover Getting V6 Supercharged - LR Dropping V8s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that many customers will go for the smaller engine option if available. If there was a V6 LR4 option today, I can assure you that my wife will be driving it instead of her LR2. But I can't afford her way of driving on a V8 (that's why she can not drive my LR4). With that said, I will not trade my V8 for a V6. I may just be ignorant or just old fashioned, but there is nothing like the feeling of my V8 when I floor it, the beautiful sound of the gas level going down as the speed goes up! I did not buy a LR because its fuel economy or weight. Right now I am planning to keep my 2010 until late this year and start shopping for a 2013 JIC.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that many customers will go for the smaller engine option if available. If there was a V6 LR4 option today, I can assure you that my wife will be driving it instead of her LR2. But I can't afford her way of driving on a V8 (that's why she can not drive my LR4). With that said, I will not trade my V8 for a V6. I may just be ignorant or just old fashioned, but there is nothing like the feeling of my V8 when I floor it, the beautiful sound of the gas level going down as the speed goes up! I did not buy a LR because its fuel economy or weight. Right now I am planning to keep my 2010 until late this year and start shopping for a 2013 JIC.

I don't think you're old fashioned for wanting a V8. Many car manufacturers offer the engine for those who really don't mind the mileage - but want it for the pleasure of what it offers. As you stated, there is nothing better than being behind a V8. It would be shame to drop the V8 on the LR5 (2015/16) for the V6 and not offer it as a step up option. And if they dare drop it completely for the LR4 then I'll be holding on to mine for a very long time. That is after I get my 2013...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635