Rattle near steering column

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A rattle developed in the steering column area when going over bumps in my 2013. It happens when the wheel is at it's highest and furthest in, the position which I prefer. The rattle goes away if I lower the wheel. It's only when the wheel is all the way up. Does anyone have an idea of the cause? I can't take it to the dealer until next week. Thanks.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rattles in a vehicle drive me absolutely crazy!! Especially in "luxury" vehicles. I had to have the left rear seat in my LR4 replaced because of a rattle and now there is a constant high pitched squeaking noise while driving at highway speeds. So annoying but I hate having my car in the shop for something like this only for them to tell me "we can't seem to pinpoint where it's coming from".

Good luck with getting yours taken care of

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rattles in a vehicle drive me absolutely crazy!! Especially in "luxury" vehicles. I had to have the left rear seat in my LR4 replaced because of a rattle and now there is a constant high pitched squeaking noise while driving at highway speeds. So annoying but I hate having my car in the shop for something like this only for them to tell me "we can't seem to pinpoint where it's coming from".

Good luck with getting yours taken care of

I'm confident they will find and fix it as it's loud and I can make the noise start and stop, but hopefully it's not too big a job.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm confident they will find and fix it as it's loud and I can make the noise start and stop, but hopefully it's not too big a job.

Shouldn't be too difficult. I think there are ~six clips that secure the shroud in place. The service tech will probably put some felt tape in there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM