Rear ended yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tactical 4x4 is standing by the phone, that rear steel bumper you've always wanted is waiting for you. :wink:

Sorry Alex, I can relate... No matter how it happens it always sucks to be in an accident and being deprived of your car for days / weeks while the insurance companies figure it out. Is your car driveable? The most important thing is that nobody got seriously hurt, I guess with a steel rear bumper you could have inflicted even more damage to that poor Ford Accordion (and possibly to the driver.)

They wanted to tow it because the focus bent the right side exhaust and it was rubbing against the tire. I asked the tow truck driver for a crow bar and we bent it back to where it would not rub and I drove away :smile:

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know what the total repair cost runs up too.

I left the LR4 at the shop on Monday (day after the accident). I'll stop by tomorrow to see what they have figured needs to be repaired and or replaced. I'll post back.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$5000 and I should get it back next Wednesday if all the pats come in on time.

elrocko

Reaction score
If you live in a state that allows it make sure you make a diminished value claim.

elrocko

Reaction score
Read this : https://rockafellowlawblog.wordpress.com/2015/10/02/diminished-value/

According to my one minute google research, Connecticut does in fact allow for this type of claim. It is only worth pursuing if you have never had reported damage to the LR4 before:

Connecticut case law establishes the responsibility of the negligent party to pay for a vehicle's diminished value and therefore permits third-party claims (Littlejohn v. Elionsky, 130 Conn. 541, 36 A.2d 52 (1944))

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found it. It seems reasonable but hard to establish what value is lost and certainly requires assistance from an attorney to prove that to the insurance company or to argue it in court.

Not sure how much a law firm would charge for this kind of claim but with just cosmetic damage to bumpers and all parts replaced with new OEM parts it seems like it would not be worth it.

I'll call the girl's insurance company and see what they have to say.

elrocko

Reaction score
It's a real claim, even if your attorney takes some of the money. if your crashed and repaired 2013 LR4 was sitting next to a never-crashed 2013 LR4 at the dealership, how much less would the price have to be for you to buy it over the never-crashed version? The more expensive the car, the bigger the claim. Up to you of course.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM