Rear Seat Back Recline Adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2016 Lux: Is there an adjustment for the recline angle of the rear (2nd Row) seat back? My Pass side rear seat back sits about an inch further back then the other two, causing the headrest to lay into the dog guard.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never read about nor seen anything that would elude to adjustment for our 2nd row. Although, I just looked at mine and this hex bolt stood out, its on the under side of the seat back. I turned it each way, but it didn't feel like an adjustment to me. It got really tight turning to the right and really loose turning to the left. Appears to be some sort of a capture style button? Maybe it's used for a feature I'm unaware of?

IMG_1773.JPG

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that bolt is used to hang the luggage cover when you fold the seats down flat. It goes in the gap between the rear seats when they're folded down, and the 3rd row seats. It's pretty clever actually to have a storage place for the luggage cover.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, there’s a lever for recline right where you’d think it would be.

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, there’s a lever for recline right where you’d think it would be.
Could you please be more specific? The only lever I see is underneath the seat, and used to lift the seat for 3rd row access.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you please be more specific? The only lever I see is underneath the seat, and used to lift the seat for 3rd row access.

On the side, same spot the electronic controls are on the front seats but further toward the back of the truck/seat. The seats also can tumble forward for 3rd row access.

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That’s odd, as this is a “Lux” version and I have no levers in the area that you suggest, and as you say, exactly where you would expect the manual lever to be.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That’s odd, as this is a “Lux” version and I have no levers in the area that you suggest, and as you say, exactly where you would expect the manual lever to be.

I'm an idiot and had to look it up. I got my cars confused, been spending too much time in the VW. There's a button on the top of the seat.

rover_sport_discovery_3__498038.jpg

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just stared at my truck for 15 minutes, and I can’t figure it out. I would have bet money the seats reclined.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72