Recap Of Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

Colt45

Everyone's comments are right on the money - - in the case of my state there are really only 3 LR dealerships - - Tacoma, Bellevue & Seattle (both locations owned by the same people), and Spokane. I like to travel, camp, fish, etc throughout Montana, Idaho, Wyoming (the states to the east of WA state) - - - but there are no dealerships at all in these Western states. So if you break down its a long tow back to the nearest dealer.
It is true that one is probably more likely to hear of problems on web forums (no matter what the consumer subject area), than from those that are quietly enjoying their product with no problems. And it is also true that Land Rover (and Jaguar) have had quality issues for a long time. These issues are more than the grumblings of consumers with a grudge. JD Power quality ratings for Land Rover (and Jaguar) have consistently been on the bottom of the heap. - - - But it is also true that the LR3 is a completely new vehicle built under new ownership - - so as of the moment, - the jury is still out as to whether the vehicle will rate a thumbs up or thumbs down over the long haul. It seems to me that LR has the right vehicle in the LR3 (and their new product offerings including the Range Rover Sport). - - Its just up to them and their Ford owners to do whatever it takes to take care of their customers and any problems that come up, so that they retain those customers.
For me the decision came down between absolute reliability, but boring - - - and 'iffy' reliability/quality but with some real excitement. I told myself "What the heck, you only live once." and bought the LR3. - - -

Last edited by a moderator:
S

suth150

reliability? who knows

I just got to say, I've owned my lr3 for 4 months now and have 4000 miles on it. I have not had one problem. As for reliability, who knows. Forums can be deceiving when it comes to deciding whether a car has lots of problems or not. Because you will get people who report the most rediculous things and then act like they are big deals. I can't tell you how many posts I have read on this site that are non issue normal things that the person overreacts about. I promise if you go to a toyota forum. You will find people reporting problems and we all know that toyotas have great reliability. That being said, if you ever think that the lr3 breaks down a lot, just slip on over to a vw toureg forum. You will think your lr3 is a regular frickin toyota camry of reliability.

L

LR3_Magic

Suspension Fault after 100 Miles

Picked the LR3 HSE7 up Wednesday night after waiting 7 months for delivery and took off on my trip Thursday morning. About 75 - 100 miles down the road, I get the suspension fault message and the amber icon on the far left side of the dash. It beeped for a few seconds and then said that normal suspension had been selected and everything appeared OK until a few more miles down the road and it happened again. In all it happened about 10 -15 times on the highway. Now when you lower it to access mode, it gives a suspension fault and when you accelerate away from a stop it also gives the suspension fault message. I traveled a little over a 1,000 miles on my first trip and will call the dealer on Monday to get it in to have them look at and fix. Also had the radio/navigation system lock up once where the Nav screen showed only the LR logo and the radio would play alternating loud and then soft, both on FM/AM and on CD. Turned the vehicle off overnight and everything is working fine now. So nice to wait 7 months for my vehicle and then drive it less than 100 miles and have a suspension fault. Lucking it has yet to go in the lock down mode or it would have been a terrible trip. Kept waiting for that to happen but it didn't so maybe I got lucky! First car I've owned that you could only drive a 100 miles before having a problem. Most will wait until a couple of thousand.

I'm not a ***** nilly nay sayer. Just an LR3 owner who wants a vehicle to perform as advertised.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well said LR3 Magic. Enough of the ***** nilly nay sayers!!

:)

I don't care if only 3 trucks have the problems I have. I care that I have them.

Today is day 8 of our HSE being in the shop... They haven't even called me...

54k........

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635