Reduced Engine Perfomance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dawebst

Reaction score
Reduced Engine Performance – I’ve experienced this several times now. There are no warning lights on the dash and nothing in the message center. Temp gage is normal. It seems to happen when I’m cruising for 5 to 10 minutes at 85+ MPH. Any ideas?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
More info needed, year, last tune up, mileage, type of plugs you use, type of fuel you use. The more info the better.

dawebst

Reaction score
Reduced Engine Performance is a warning given. It has nothing to do with what you are asking for. Turn the engine off, start it again and it's back to the 390 hp.

It's a computer shut down of engine preformance. Just not sure what the problem is. I'm taking it into the dealer Tuesday. Just hoped to get some information on what could be the issue.

bodni98

Reaction score
I have similar problem with my 2006 Supercharged. I have taken it back to the dealer for three times and they still have not corrected the problem. It typically happens when I am driving on the free cruising 80 mph plus.

seer7337

Reaction score
I have a 2005 LR3 I get reduced engine performance when I try to accelerate going about 60. I took it to the dealer and put it on the machine and said they couldn't find any problem and it was probably the gas. That was four tanks ago and its still doing the same thing. Sometimes the check engine light will come on also. I have 53000 miles so its now out of warranty. Has anyone else had this problem. Could it be the gas cap?

C

Chester

I have a 2005 LR3 I get reduced engine performance when I try to accelerate going about 60. I took it to the dealer and put it on the machine and said they couldn't find any problem and it was probably the gas. That was four tanks ago and its still doing the same thing. Sometimes the check engine light will come on also. I have 53000 miles so its now out of warranty. Has anyone else had this problem. Could it be the gas cap?

It will not be the gas cap. If this happens even when the tank is full, (early LR3's have fuel tank problems), then you need to have the dealer scan the PCM. If there is a code P0101-00 for the Mass Air Flow Sensor (very likely) then it may still be covered under the emmissions warranty. Also if you have documented evidence that you complained about this problem BEFORE the warranty expired then they have to take care of the problem. Ether way, if this code is stored replace the MAFS (cheap) then have them remove and clean the throttle body housing and install a new gasket. (About a 2 hr total repair) Carbon tends to build up stopping the throttle plate from completly closing which causes the MAFS to read incorrectly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM