Reliability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rene Koesler

Reaction score
After 4 years and 46,000 miles I'm still extremely happy with the reliability of my 2016 LR4 HSE LUX. I've had to replace the brake switch because it was giving malfunctions, but that's about it. A cheap fix! My previous LR3 and Discovery II were just as reliable and a joy to drive. I know there are still people that are not considering LR products because of this "Land Rovers are junk" mentality! Well, my LR's have been just as reliable and dependable as any of my 11 Mercedes, 9 Toyotas, and myriad of 20 other makes and models of vehicles! PS: I did have one vehicle that was a complete POS....an early 90's Discovery. But that didn't deter me from buying the other 3 Land Rovers.

jettore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are at 4 year and about 38,000 miles with our 2016

So far all warranty work.

2 stop/start batteries
lower control arm bushing
lean condition codes - I think it was fuel pump, have to heck the paperwork.

Besides that general maintenance brakes, tires, oil, etc.

Last edited:

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.5 years and 42k miles on our 2013. Pads all around and fluid services (oil, diffs, Xfer case, brake flush). Besides that, just a couple of minor things taken care of under warranty about 3-4 years ago:

1) Pwr driver seat would not move back
2) Driver's folding mirror acted up
3) Driver's side headlamp was out

I have a mild feeling my front left wheel bearing may be going (I think a hear a light rubbing sound when turning at high-ish speeds). It has more surface rust underneath than I'd like, but I treat it twice a year with rust reformer. Love this truck and hope to keep it forever.

This month when the winter wheels come off, it's time for pads on the rear wheels again, and although the disks have plenty of life still, I will replace them anyway.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR4 has been somewhat reliable since I bought it 9 years ago (water pump , LCA, fan wiring). However they are not cheap vehicles to run in terms of maintenance and upkeep. I have had a Honda Ridgeline (2011) over the same time period and they have similar mileage.

ALL in (tires, brakes, oil, filters etc) the Land Rover is about $0.08/km. The Ridgeline is $0.03/km. I need to do a timing belt and water pump soon in the Ridge and that will drive up costs closer to $0.04. So the Land Rover is about double to keep on the road tip top.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2nd owner, 2013 with now 48k miles on it. The brakes have been noisy since 24k when I became owner but they still work great. I've been tempted to change them but not willing to cough up the cash for silence. New battery and oil changes are all I've done. My oldest has claimed it for first car. That's 5 years away still and even then I might keep it...or maybe I'll be swayed by a '16 Lux with HD...or who knows by then.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At 65,000 my 2013 has not been in the shop yet. I know, right? I'm sure I have control arms and wheel bearings coming up some time, but this has been a super solid truck.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At about 75,000 miles is when I had to make a significant maintenance investment that totaled over $3000. This included changing transfer case, differential and transmission fluids. New front control arms, stabilizer bar bushings, front hubs and new brakes. New fan clutch and another water pump.

At 110,000 miles I paid about $4000 to fix a leaking valve cover, failed trunk release actuator and leaking roof antenna which killed the rear view camera. And needed a new steering rack since that was leaking fluid as well.

Should make it to 150,000 miles now and will probably trade it in before I have to do the 75,000 mile items noted above all over again.

Mason Courtney

Reaction score
As a Service Writer for a Land Rover/ Jaguar Indy, I can honestly say the customers we rarely see are the ones who follow the 3 rules of owning a Land Rover.

1. Never let the gas get below 1/4 tank.
2. Service Intervals of 5,000 - 7,000 miles
3. Never let the vehicle overheat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA